Warehouse Operative - Nights
ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to the investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business, is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
The successful applicant must be willing to work fast, be reliable and have a can do attitude. The role requires dedicated team working and the applicant must be a good team player as well as being reliable and have the ability to use their own initiative.
• Previous warehouse experience preferred but not essential as training given
• Warehouse tasks including picking and loading steel, both manually and with the use of overhead cranes.
• Overhead crane with sling & lifting certification is desirable although training will be given
• Fork lift and sideloader license is desirable although training will be given
• Shift Hours: Sunday to Thursday 2230 to 0730.
• Training and Career Progression
• Company Pension
• Life insurance
• Perk box
• Employee discounts schemes