Are you a procurement-oriented professional ready for a dedicated role in purchasing? Could you take your next step as a Junior Buyer with a highly regarded, growing company? If so, read on.
Our client is a leading distributor of high quality security equipment. They are now seeking a Junior Buyer to join their team in Preston.
- Salary of £20,000 - £24,000 DOE
- Christmas shutdown
If you have a high level of numeracy and strong data entry skills, this is the ideal role in which to drive forward your procurement career and take the next logical step.
You’ll be joining a small company who understand the value employees can bring and are focused on internal development and looking after their staff. In return for your loyalty, you can expect some great benefits, regular social events and buffet days in the office which are exactly what you would expect – food on tap!
As a Junior Buyer, you will join our client’s Purchasing function and provide support and services to the Purchasing Manager, customers and colleagues.
Specifically, you will:
- Take responsibility for daily back-to-back purchasing to fulfil customers’ orders
- Ensure non-stocked items are brought at the right prices and delivered on time
- Deal with suppliers to source products and negotiate the most competitive rates
- Enable the Sales Team to produce customer quotes through your supplier activity
- Liaise with suppliers regarding orders, delivery dates and cost
- Update our client’s database with key information
To be considered as a Junior Buyer, you will need:
- Experience in a procurement, purchasing or buying role
- Previous experience of placing multiple daily orders to tight deadlines
- Strong data entry skills
- At a minimum, two A-Levels or equivalent, preferably in mathematics
- High competency levels in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Word
Other organisations may call this role Junior Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Purchasing Assistant, Buying Assistant, Graduate Buyer, Junior Procurement Executive, or Junior Purchasing Co-ordinator.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you could progress your career as a Junior Buyer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.