Transport Coordinator, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11
Monday to Friday, Full Time late shift; 1pm – Finish, 1 Saturday morning on a 3 week rota
Our client are a well-established, family-owned haulage company specializing express and secure transport within the South West and South Wales. They now have an exciting opportunity for a ‘TRANSPORT COORDINATOR’. In this role you will be required to manage day to day operations with a focus on planning multiple collections and deliveries. You will be responsible for budgetary control, fleet maintenance, compliance, HR, health & safety, working time directive and tachographs. The successful candidate will preferably have experience working in a busy transport office environment. Anyone with previous experience organising multi-drop transport operations would be advantageous. You must have excellent communication skills and a good level of competence in Microsoft office, word and excel. We have been in business for over 40 years and have a great reputation in the industry for excellent and reliable service.
About The Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of all deliveries and collections. This will include managing drivers throughout the day whilst also planning routes for the following day. You will manage drivers to ensure jobs are completed on time, all whilst maintaining an outstanding level of customer service.
You Will Be
- Processing and preparing collection and delivery orders, checking goods against delivery notes before leaving the warehouse
- Coordinating all drivers and ensuring they are available at all times they are required
- Working closely with the operations manager, drivers and warehouse staff to ensure all jobs are completed accurately and on time
- Checking goods received are in order whilst also checking for any signs of damage
- Overseeing all collections/deliveries to/from the warehouse
- Ensuring the vehicles are kept roadworthy by arranging any repairs etc.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience in coordinating same day logistics
- Experience managing drivers and driver compliance
- Able to work with great attention to detail
- Good communication skills by phone and email
- Computer literate / IT skills are essential
Transport Coordinator, Transport Administrator, Warehouse Administrator, Warehouse Coordinator, Transport Planner, Administrator, Coordinator, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11.
Apply for Transport Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly