A rewarding and challenging role for a talented and tech-savvy consultant, familiar with data structures/relational database models. The role requires experience and a well-developed analytical approach to understanding, scoping and documenting client requirements.
The Solutions Consultant is a pivotal part of our agency business unit, supporting the SaaS (Software as a Service) side of the business from pre-sales discussions, through the on-boarding new customers, to providing expert consultancy throughout the project life cycle and proposing solutions to satisfy customer digital communications requirements.
Core to the role is enabling the integration of existing customer business and technical processes with the Communicator SaaS platform and the proposal of effective solutions to meet customer requirements.
We're Communicator, a trusted partner in sophisticated email marketing with a focus on helping ambitious brands achieve results. Powered by our unique SmartSendTM technology, our flexible modular software suite enables customers to optimise their performance, across multiple channels.
The role involves a variety of diverse tasks each day and you will be expected to (in sequential order, not order of importance);
- Gather requirements relating to communication and marketing requirements (the 'What' our customer is trying to achieve) which will lead into (the 'How' it can be achieved) data architecture, data analytics and systems integrations that flow out of business requirement.
- Fully familiarise yourself with existing customers' live solutions when required and adapt any scoping detail/approach accordingly.
- Professionally and effectively conduct consultation with project stakeholders across customer businesses face to face, via email or telephone. Facilitate discussions to map current and 'desired' business processes.
- Propose efficient solutions to address customer requirements incorporating elements of the functionality within the existing product portfolio and existing integration capabilities. Utilise existing scoped out 'boilerplate' design patterns where possible to avoid the necessity of full new solution design in every case.
- Liaise with Communicator's experienced technical staff to verify the legitimacy and practicality of any proposed solution.
- Provide estimated effort of proposed solution scoping and design so that Account Managers can put appropriate commercials in place.
The Ideal Candidate
At Communicator, we're looking for people who'll relish working in partnership with our customers and with whom our customers will love working. It goes without saying that you'll need to be an excellent communicator, a proactive professional with a positive and thorough approach who takes real pride in their work.
As the ideal candidate you'll be excited about the responsibilities that make up the day to day role (outlined below).
You'll love digging into and understanding existing processes and proposing solutions that are efficient and fit for purpose.
You'll be comfortable thinking quickly in customer meetings where requirements may fluctuate as different stakeholders input into the requirements set.
You'll be able to constructively liaise with customers, partners and colleagues at all levels of seniority and technical understanding and be comfortable gathering logical and concise business requirements / tech specifications and documenting them for a diverse audience.
We'll want you to demonstrate a strong (and ideally evidenced) track record in solution design, be at home designing data structures and integrations, possess fantastic stakeholder management skills and have an educated appreciation of key technologies.
A decent knowledge of digital communications and email marketing is always helpful.
Our colleagues and customers deserve to work with the most exceptional people, so we aim to offer an excellent benefits package. You can look forward to engaging company days, a bright and vibrant city centre location and social events; plus a competitive salary, generous contributory pension scheme, life insurance and 25 days holiday (plus UK bank holidays) per year with the option to purchase up to 5 more… not to forget our monthly Quiz, free breakfasts and fresh fruit all week.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.