Permanent Personal Assistant Position in Cherry Hinton, Cambridge £12/hour week days-£14/hour weekends supporting, and caring for disabled client
- Short shifts – 1.5 to 2 hours/shift
- Total hours around 13 hours/week with short term extras available
- Share of weekday or weekend shifts as you prefer.
- Paid holiday leave and (limited) contractual sick pay.
- No experience necessary but skills important – particularly communication.
- DBS check required.
- Works out as around £25k annually pro rata
No fixed application deadline - do not delay!
Application by email or telephone. Please be prepared to explain how you meet the person specification.
I’m an independent, friendly and open disabled person and as my PA you would be part of a small team of 2 personal assistants helping me with physical and mental health impairments.
I’m looking for PAs to work to help me live independently and fully as well as enable me to continue working.
While no experience is necessary I am looking for someone with good skills, particularly with communication, food safety and working independently.
Training included including funding for additional training at your request.
Here are some of the regular tasks you will be expected to perform. Note that this is not an exclusive list and other reasonable instructions must be carried out without objection unless there is a good reason.
- Assistance with personal care (dressing and washing)
- Assistance with medication
- Preparing and helping me eat meals
- Helping maintain a clean and tidy environment.
- Covering other PAs holidays (dates negotiable) and sickness (where possible) at the higher hours of around 26 hours/week
- Reliable and a good timekeeper.
- Able to follow precise instruction reliably and able to say immediately if an instruction is not understood.
- Able to work alone.
- Flexible attitude and ability to use initiative.
- To be able to respect privacy and keep to strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- Food preparation skills.
- Good communication skills, this does not require English as a first language, but reasonably fluent English is required.
- To treat the role as a Personal Assistance role designed to enable my independence.
- No lingering smell of cigarette smoke (allergic).
- Able to work with animals (I have 4 cats).
- Willingness to work alternate weekends and holidays.
- Current CRB/DBS check or willingness to get one quickly.
- Flexible availability.
- Non-judgemental and open minded.
- Willingness to learn basic British Sign Language.
- Confident cook.
- Reading this advert completely – you can demonstrate this by telling me what my favorite colour is (purple). Do not apply with just “I’m interested” or similar – demonstrate why you are interested.