Finance Administrator / Accounts Assistant - Sales Ledger
Job Title: Accounts Assistant - Sales Ledger
Location: Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent.
Salary: £21,000 rising to £22,000 pa after probationary period, company pension & healthcare
Job Type: Full Time, 37 hours per week, 8 - 4 Monday to Friday. Permanent. 28 days holiday including bank holidays, increasing with length of service.
An experienced Accounts Assistant is required to join the Company's finance team to provide Sales Ledger duties. This is a busy role working with large OEM clients and finance teams as well as handling consumer finance for the sales team and online store.
The Company design, manufacture and sell hybrid energy management and control systems into the marine, off grid, vehicle and industrial markets and are the UK distributor for a number of well-known brands in the power industry.
The role would consist of Credit Control, Accounts Reconciliations and involve working with departments to ensure accuracy and flow of information.
Typical activities will include:
• Export sales ledger invoices and credits from 123 insight and importing into Sage Line 50
• Post/Allocate monies received in multi-currency accounts on to Sage
• Daily Bank Reconciliation of multi-currency accounts
• Review Credit limits daily and action as necessary if limit exceeded.
• Print Daybook Invoice/Credit reports from Sage.
• Assign all funded invoices/credits to our Invoice Finance Company.
• Process any appropriate invoices through Customers Portal
• Reconcile Invoice Finance account at end of month
• Ensure payments have been received for all non-funded invoices raised. Investigate non-payment.
• Check all es-store orders have been processed through our Portal. Advise Sales Team if not received.
• Reconciliation of SagePay and PayPal accounts/Post payments received onto Sage50
• Process credit account applications and ensure that company is monitored through our credit reference agency.
• Review daily emails received from Credit reference agency and action where necessary.
• Credit Control and chasing late payments
• Sending out statements, reminders and final demand letters. Instructing our collection agency where necessary to recover debt.
• Regularly updating excel spreadsheets to ensure month end procedures can be processed
• Assisting with other finance duties in purchase ledger ie Supplier BACS payments and reconciliation of additional multi-currency bank accounts
• Chase returns due on warranty account
• Trip log reconciliation
• Process monthly commission journal
• Print Unallocated transactions report-allocate appropriately
• Download monthly bank statements
• Download unreconciled currency at end of month
• Sales Ledger Reconciliations for multi-currency accounts
• Open Mail/Distribute. Frank and post outgoing mail. Upload data/additional postage on Franking machine.
• Banking when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in invoice discounting, manufacturing/production environment, Sage and spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of Sage Accounts software
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Packages, i. Excel, Word etc.
- Comprehensive experience in a credit control function
- All round sales ledger and credit control knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills with a confident and positive attitude
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines
- A hands-on approach and a keen attention to detail
Please click the APPLY button to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of; Credit Controller, Accounts Clerk, Payment Processing, Sales Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Finance Administrator, Finance Clerk, Finance Admin, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance Officer, Finance Controller, Sales Ledger Administrator will be considered for this role.
Apply for Finance Administrator / Accounts Assistant - Sales Ledger
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly