Our client is a long established and successful privately owned commercial property investment company. They are looking to recruit a Group Accountant to be based at its Epsom office.
This is an established position with processes and procedures in place and the Group Accountant will be expected to take an active part in commercial decision-making at all levels. The role will have total responsibility for finance and will report directly to the board. The current incumbent is retiring and there will be a period of managed handover. There is a small surveying/admin team in place dealing with much of the book-keeping but, as is usual in an SME, the work can be expected to range from a small amount of basic book-keeping to technical accounting matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of the quarterly management accounts with detailed variance commentary;
- Preparation of an Annual Budget and a third quarter full year forecast;
- Preparation on a quarterly basis of a 12 month cash flow forecast;
- Monthly cash reporting;
- Treasury management;
- Monitoring compliance with loan covenants;
- VAT Compliance and Group VAT returns;
- Reviewing/checking all batches (including receipts and creditor invoices) before release;
- Monthly book-keeping tasks (minor cash book and journal entries, bank reconciliations etc..);
- Monitoring the debtor position each quarter;
- Managing the payroll and year end payroll returns;
- Overview of the production of rent and service charge demands and the annual balancing service charges;
- Preparation of a year-end working papers file and management of the audit process;
- Various ad-hoc and due diligence assignments.
The successful candidate will:
- Be qualified or qualified by experience (perhaps an experienced book keeper) with strong technical skills and be able to demonstrate an understanding of the commercial property sector;
Ideally have experience of Trace Solutions property management software such as Blue Box or Trace
How to apply
Please apply here and our client will be in direct contact
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.