We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Engagement Officer to join our friendly Housing & Support team based at our site in Erdington. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, fixed term basis, until 31st December 2018, and will receive a salary of £19,209 per annum.
YMCA enables people to develop their full potential in mind, body and spirit. Inspired by and faithful to our Christian values, we create supportive, energising and creative communities where young people can truly belong, contribute and thrive.
Responsibilities of our Engagement Officer:
- Developing and maximising the potential, personal growth and development of our tenants
- Look after your own caseload of tenants to support and guide in regards to maintaining their tenancies and housing management to achieve their aspirations of independent living
- Undertake a variety of tasks ranging from assisting in the processing and assessment of applications to be housed at the scheme to supporting tenants in developing their life and social skills
- Engage and support our tenants to effectively access and implement a programme of support within the Supporting People framework
Our Engagement Officer will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working with people who are homeless or at risk of losing their accommodation is essential
- A flexible and solution orientated approach
- Experience in housing management or supported housing and be able to deal with stressful situations
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, with the ability to listen, question and influence when needed
- Knowledge of Safeguarding practices and an understanding of the support needs of tenants will be beneficial.
Closing date for applications: 4pm on Thursday 16th August 2018
So what are you waiting for? If you think this Engagement Officer position might be the right role for you, then apply now!
Please submit your CV with a cover outlining how your skills and knowledge meet the Engagement Officer job description.
Apply for Engagement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly