New Business Sales Executive
Derby County Football Club has a new opportunity to join our Hospitality, Conferencing & Events Team
as a Business Sales Executive. You will use your knowledge and skills of Business to Business sales to
identify and develop new accounts in Conferencing and Banqueting, as well as Matchday Hospitality.
You will be researching and creating new business plans within key sectors and geographical locations
to help drive the sales and revenue.
You will demonstrate effective and persuasive communication skills to a variety of audiences using a
multitude of platforms. Your business plans and ideas will include investigations of what products and
services Derby County can bring into its offerings such as new packages, events and promotional
Key responsibilities include:
• To ensure the achievement of agreed sales targets via targeting new corporate accounts.
• To research and create a new business sales plan, identifying key industry sectors or
geographical locations of focus. Detailing actions to engage/develop targeted accounts and
attributing possible revenues against each target.
• To attend relevant local and national networking events and to promote the ClubDCFC
• To research and present new business offerings and ideas such as packages, events and
• To understand and input towards the defining of key sales objectives in line with Company
Personal characteristics and experience:
• English and Maths to GCSE Level 4 or equivalent.
• An Effective and persuasive communicator both orally and in writing to both internal and
• Experienced in working in a target driven environment, ideally for a minimum of two years.
• Experience in Business to Business sales.
• Effective and persuasive communication skills across different platforms.
• Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work on own initiative.
• A professional telephone manner and ability to deal with customers and colleagues at all
Please note that CVs will not be accepted unless accompanied by a supporting application form.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our
Completed application forms should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to;
The HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.