Strategic Marketing Manager - Newcastle
This is a key team role, where you will play a critical part in partnering with the wider Marketing team to collaborate on the strategic communications plan and the delivery to market of all related messaging, as we enhance our business model and undergo rapid growth. This role will be a hands-on, participatory team player who will report directly to the Head of Marketing.
This role will form part of a high performing Marketing team, taking responsibility for delivering the company Marketing strategy across all elements of the Marketing mix from brand and lead generation through to channel & customer marketing.
Who are we?
Communicator is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) trusted partner in sophisticated email marketing with a focus on helping ambitious brands achieve breakthrough results.
We work with a range of high profile brands such as Adidas, Co-operative Group, Domino's, Matalan and Scottish and Southern Energy, as well as smaller growing companies. To support our next stage of growth in delivering a new proposition to market, the role of Product Marketing Manager will be pivotal.
The Marketing Manager will work closely on a daily basis with our new business sales, customer success and creative services teams to create internal assets and creative campaigns in support of these teams meeting their deliverables fostering a consistent brand message aligned to our marketing strategy.
- Significantly contributing to the development of the overall business and Marketing strategies and the translation of these into clear and consistent content for multiple purposes
- Develop a clear understanding of the digital marketing landscape
- Create copy for multiple channels include websites, emails and tactical marketing campaigns that can be used across the entire team for consistent base brand messaging
- Collaborate with internal creative teams, external agencies and other 3rd parties to create video content and animations and demos where necessary
- Work with the new business sales team, customer success and account management teams to develop a suite of internal assets, literature and toolkits for use with customers and prospects
- On occasion develop internal facing communications and campaigns to engage with Communicator staff
- Support the Communicator Partner Programme and Partner Development Director in providing content and support materials to embed the programme with new partner prospects
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly driven marketer, able to deal in marketing operational detail and managing multiple projects with defined outputs aligned to business vision and goals.
You will have an extensive and impressive track record of delivering results through marketing, coupled with a strong understanding of technology and the digital marketing landscape. You'll be very comfortable forging and managing relationships with multiple departments and thrive in a multi-functional business unit environment. You'll be commercially astute and have a good knowledge of broad business as well as the ability to influence your peers and colleagues within Communicator.
- You will be comfortable in taking accountability for your areas of responsibility, liaising with the Senior Leadership Team and holding key stakeholders to account.
- You will have a passion for being both market and customer centric, and have clear evidence of driving real business innovation and results as a result of this.
- Strong copywriting and creative skills will be required for this role and knowledge of developing video content and demos will be an advantage.
- You will possess and demonstrate every day personal qualities of integrity, collaboration and be intrinsically customer centric in your decision making with an unwavering dedication to brining to life our vision of delivering breakthrough results that our customers can't get anywhere else.
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), plus lots of other benefits available to you as a Communicator employee.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.