Mid Weight Website Project Manager
Red's are pleased to be working with our client again, who are looking to add the their growing team.
They are looking for a Mid Weight Website Project Manager to join their Digital Agency.
The focus is on a mid weight project manager who has worked on managing wordpress websites at a small to medium size agency and is very hands on.
They will report to the head of production who is an ex project manager and producer and they will guide and help to develop the person and they will have a junior project manager working underneath them.
We essentially want someone who has been a project manager for a good couple of years in an agency, has delivered multiple Wordpress websites, is professional and fun and wants to take their career forwards at a fast growing agency where they would be the most senior project management resource we have, reporting directly to the head of production.
The Digital Project Manager is accountable for driving the delivery of the studio and ensuring optimal delivery methods are adopted for maximum benefit and efficiency.
The Digital Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of projects from start to finish within time and budgeted resource.
The Digital Project Manager plays an integral role alongside the account management team and Producer / Strategy team in owning and delivering for clients.
You work within a POD, which is made up of an account manager, project manager and producer and together as a three you own and deliver for a range of clients. The account manager owns the relationship with the client and aims to grow the account, the producer creates technical and strategy specifications and supports the POD with technical communications and the project manager organises studio throughput and ensures we deliver to the specification for each client.
What do you do:
- Plans all projects end to end with assistance from junior project manager.
- Communicates project plans and job statuses to clients at least weekly if not in shorter periods (if there are changes for any reason).
- Defines project team (internally and externally).
- Scheduling and direction of team.
- Foresees and solves problems around delivery issues.
- Ensures project documentation is signed and project stages or jobs are formally signed off.
- Monitors and manages performance of developers and scrutinises timesheets with PMO Admin weekly.
- Focused on pushing as much revenue through the P&L and utilisation.
- Advises Head of Talent and HR on +ve/-ve resourcing requirements at least two months ahead of requirements (this requires regular communication with Head of Sales to analyse the pipeline).
- Thinks in 'person-day terms' not 'money terms'
- Project plans (GANTT charts or other)
- Lists of modules and tasks, with who they are allocated to, when they will be done, estimated and actual time.
- Real-time project blocker/solution alerts
- Project stage sign off sheets
- Weekly (summary) project and job financial reports to business
- Weekly (detailed) project financial reports to business
- Daily communications via email and telephone with developers, designers and other members of the delivery team to ensure they are on track
- Short daily (max 30 minutes) Pod meetings with producer and account manager to discuss:
- Status of projects and any major blockers / issues with proposed solutions
- Any Specification clarification points (can be taken offline with producer if too detailed)
- Re-prioritise projects with account manager where necessary
- Detailed discussions with producer around implementation detail before and during writing a specification
- Daily updates of master schedule
- Emergency meetings with Business Analyst if Specification has lack of clarity for any reason
- Send/share updated project plans and updated lists of all tasks to Pod, and then client on a daily or, at least, weekly basis (discretion advised based on client preference and scope of update)
- Send project reports, job reports and release emails to the business
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of software, in particular JIRA Cloud, Service Desk and Capture
- Customer and commercial background
- Team management and third party governance
- In-depth experience of delivering websites, eCommerce and marketing campaigns to technical and creative specifications
- Experience reporting on production
- Ability to manage, support multiple projects and people
- Positive, proactive, thrives on deadlines and change & motivates others
- Managed a junior project manager previously