Head of Category Management
We are recruiting for a Head of Category Management to play an instrumental role within the business on a strategic level. This is a rewarding and highly exciting opportunity which will impact the direction of the function and is a key senior leadership role reporting into the Chief Procurement Officer.
Large company exposure in a similar role is desired, ideally from a Global Blue Chip business, with the ideal candidate having experience in both practise, implementation and leadership of Category Management. You should also be a successful leader as this position will have senior direct reports who oversee a large team.
The ideal candidate will be looking to join the business with the vision and desire to implement successful change within the function.
Core experience required:
- Deep practitioner experience of the full end to end Category Management process
- Development of sector/category classification via spend analytics and demand profiling
- Category Strategy - development of complex category strategies across several sectors or categories.
- Holistic approach covering strategic demand planning and supply-side dynamics.
- Evidence of introducing innovation and efficiency to a major complex business through strategy execution.
- Strategic Sourcing - evidence of successful management of major strategic sourcing projects
- Supplier Relationship Management - ability to segment key suppliers and develop strategic relationships which facilitate innovation.
- Evidence of 'step-change' benefits delivered to the business post implementation
- Experience of management, advisory and oversight to a Category or Sector team.
- Ability to drive Category Management methodology into an organisation by successful team delivery
- Ability to influence key business customers and stakeholders on the business benefits of Category Management
- Natural strategic thinker able to draw out insights and be seen as a key advisor to the operational business
- Development of and understanding of how Market Intelligence can add value to Category Management
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.