Social Media Data Scientist - Quantitative Network analysis - London
You will be working in conjunction with both quantitative and fundamental data-driven equity research teams to gain insights from 'big data' and 'unstructured' data and convert from a raw format into something useable.
What does this team do?
The team builds, designs, and experiments with next generation data analysis by using techniques such as web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and data science.
They then apply these data science skills introduce alternative data into investment research and the development of new investment products.
The Social Media Data Scientist role is focused on quantitative Network analysis (quantitative applied social science research).
The bank will be using this type of analysis to identify companies that are more critically linked. They want someone to take the quantitative skills in social relationships and apply them to corporate relationships.
- Work with street leading analysts to facilitate their requests for new and innovative data analytics.
- Help design and construct the data processing and analytics infrastructure necessary to perform advanced analytical research within a global enterprise.
- Create original insights from data by executing applied empirical research in a timely manner.
- Create content for existing research reports, or help write stand-alone insightful research for Deutsche Bank's clients
Applicants should understand graph theory to analyse networks. The client is not looking for a pure mathematician but instead the understanding of quantitative Sociology and network analysis.
The ideal person will have experience in Quantitative social science /computational social science and may even have experience working in Sociology departments or Geography departments.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working with social media data at scale, including experience of Graph Databases and Graph Theory concepts.
- Worked on collection and statistical processing of data from prominent social networking sites, and the linkage of that data to other real world sources, including data generated by prominent corporate brands and/or government statistical agencies.
- A PhD, or Masters with equivalent work experience, with a solid background in statistical analytical techniques, quantitative social science research or experimental physical science.
- Experience developing statistical and predictive models using software including Python and R
- Experience processing data at scale using SQL and NoSQL database systems.
This is an excellent opportunity see your work leveraged across multiple channels, including: providing written content for standalone research reports; adding insight to research reports written by other analysts, and; developing systematic trading strategies for investment by the Bank's clients.
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to or call