We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to join a leading Construction company specialising in the offsite modular building industry. Working from our client's head office in Newark, the successful Commercial Manager will be reporting to the Commercial Director and lead the post contract surveying function of the business.
The successful Commercial Manager will take commercial responsibility for a large portfolio of contracts, ensuring all commercial targets are achieved for all projects and managing a team of commercial staff. Day to day duties will include, but not be limited to, implementing the company's commercial policies, collating, analysing and presenting CVR reports, developing relationships with clients/PQS/Consultant's/Supply chain and taking financial, contractual and legal control of contracts and sub-contract activities.
It is essential to the role that the Commercial Manager holds a relevant degree, or equivalent, and has previous experience working in a similar role for a Main Contractor. A good knowledge of using JCT and NEC3 forms of contract will be crucial, as will experience of liaising with client representatives and senior members of staff. A full UK driving license will also be required.
Commercial Manager Position Overview
- Reporting to the Commercial Directors and working as part of the senior management team
- Commercial responsibility for a large portfolio of contracts, managing a team of commercial staff
- Managing all commercial elements of projects
- Taking responsibility for achieving the commercial targets for all contracts
- Liaising with directors and senior managers
- Collating, analysing and presenting CVR contract reports
- Financial, contractual and legal control of contracts and sub-contract activities.
- Form relationships with clients/PQS/Consultants/Supply chain
Commercial Manager Position Requirements
- Qualified to Degree Level, or equivalent
- Full UK Driving License
- Relevant experience working as a Commercial Manager for a Main Contractor
- Experience of liaising with client representatives and senior members of staff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of using JCT and NEC3 contracts
- Commercially astute
Commercial Manager Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary, DOE
- Car allowance
- Medi cash
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Full benefits package to be discussed at interview
- Working Hours: 08:30 - 17:00, Monday - Thursday and 08:30 - 15:45 on Fridays
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.