Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer
Purchasing Manager to lead procurement function for an SME manufacturing business. Managing a small team, the Purchasing Manager will negotiate contracts, source & select suppliers, evaluate their effectiveness, and build relationships with existing suppliers to deliver a modern purchasing and supply chain strategy to match business growth.
You may have CIPS / MCIPS type of qualification but not a necessity. A dynamic professional within Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain who wants to be a member of the senior management team and actually make a difference.
This job will suit:
- APurchasing Manager or Senior Buyer looking for a dynamic role within a SME business.
- Experience working within the manufacturing / engineering / electronics sector or similar.
- Accustomed to managing a small team of buyers / expeditors.
- Strong negotiation skills.
The job's working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Able to lead and drive forward the Purchasing function, you will make a real difference to the profitability of a medium sized business.
- Diverse customer base - supplying into the transport industry.
- Business passionate about developing their employees and employee engagement.
- Good starting salary and benefits.
The job will involve:
- Lead a small team, developing and implementing purchasing strategy.
- Responsible for supplier selection, contract negotiation, pricing and inventory management.
- Working closely with the sales team to help deliver exceptional customer service.
- Manage new supplier relationships as well as existing.
- Conduct pricing analysis.
- Progress purchase orders with suppliers and make sure deliveries are made on time.
This job is commutable from Burton upon Trent, Derby, Ashby de la Zouch, Sudbury, Lichfield, Tamworth and the surrounding areas.
To apply please contact Danny Turnock at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd