Part-time Finance Assistant
Based at the magnificent Hampton Court Palace, the Royal School of Needlework operates a thriving education programme for every level.
We teach at venues across the UK and internationally in Dublin, America and Japan. Our renowned Embroidery Studio expertly restores and conserves valuable and historical embroidered pieces and creates stunning bespoke embroidery for fashion, art and royalty. We also offer a shop of embroidery kits and merchandise. We need an experienced finance assistant who will have responsibility for the RSN’s charitable trading company. They will perform cash and banking routines, bank reconciliations and sales and purchase ledger processing.
Reports to: Finance Director
Main Responsibility: To provide financial support for RSN Enterprises Ltd, especially the studio and shop, incaluding cash and banking routines, bank reconciliations and sales and purchase ledger processing.
Hours : Seven hours per week over Thursday/Friday– actual days to be agreed with the Finance Director Nine month fixed-term contract
- Maintain and post to purchase/sales ledgers on Sage accounting system and record transactions in the thankQ database where necessary.
- Control all cash, credit card and bank receipts.
- Maintain daily cash income sheets and post to database.
- Control all purchase ledger and petty cash payments, including paying suppliers.
- Record and reconcile cash income from retail operation.
- Maintain monthly bank reconciliations.
- To undertake any other activity at the request of the Finance Director or Chief Executive.
Applicant must demonstrate:
- A high level of numeracy and literacy
- Experience of working with Sage and Word/Excel
- Evidence of analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Personal attributes required: Good communication skills – ability to converse and liaise with internal departments, staff, suppliers and customers
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Attention to detail
Salary £32,265 Full time equivalent (£6,453 for one day per week)
Application Please send CV and covering letter explaining what you could bring to this role. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Apply for Finance Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly