Aspiring Professionals Programme Coordinator (x3)
The Social Mobility Foundation is a small, high profile charity with offices across the UK. We help young people from low income backgrounds enter universities and professions through programmes of mentoring, internships, university application support and skills development. We are supported by over 200 employers across 11 different professions and by a board of high profile trustees drawn from across the professions.
We strive for excellence in everything we do: the right candidate will be joining an enthusiastic, committed and successful team, which has high expectations for the young people we support. Watch a short video about our work here .
Job Title: Aspiring Professionals Programme Coordinator x3
Overview: The role will be well-suited to someone who is focused on the best ways they can help the aims of the charity as well as those of our participants and partners. The APP Coordinator is responsible for supporting the delivery and development of the Social Mobility Foundation's programme of activities for young people through their Year 12-Year 13 and university years.
Location: Cardiff City Centre (x2) and Manchester City Centre (x1)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 9am 21st August 2018
- Manchester: Expected to take place at SMF Manchester office on 24 th August 2018
- Cardiff: Expected to take place at SMF London office on 4 th and 5 th September 2018
Reporting Line: Regional Development Manager
Salary Band: GBP21,000-GBP27,000 per annum. It is our normal practice to appoint at the bottom of the band.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave; bonus annual leave days between Christmas and New Year; time off in lieu for work outside contractual hours; 5% employer pension contribution after a satisfactory completion of a four month probation period, and employer subscription to Perkbox.
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours) 9am-5.30pm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Confidence with using IT
- Confidence preparing and delivering presentations
- Excellent attention to detail when undertaking tasks
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Hard-working and efficient
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to adapt to new situations that may arise and problem solve effectively
- Committed to the aims of the charity
APP Coordinators will be responsible for:
- Organising and supporting skill sessions, supporter events, university trips
- Coordinating the logistics for events, including securing venues and speakers, collating responses, attendee lists and feedback/evaluation
- Allocation of internships and liaison with students and employers in allocated career sectors
- Support the running of the Social Mobility Foundation's Mentoring Programme in the region in question, including monitoring the relationship of participants and their mentors in assigned sectors
- Assisting with the organisation and delivery of residential programmes for students from across the country
- Visiting and building relationships with schools and employers to promote and gain support for SMF's Programmes
- Taking a problem-solving approach to the role, escalating issues as needed
- Developing a strong understanding of the SMF's work and social mobility across the UK
- Demonstrating SMF values in all work
- Using initiative to ensure effective liaison between the SMF and its student participants and target schools and colleges
- Using initiative to ensure effective liaison between the SMF and its employer partners
- Maintaining excellent monitoring/evaluation/tracking procedures for student progress and the effectiveness of activities and events; compiling reports as required
- Undertaking all relevant activities to ensure the stakeholder relationships are well-maintained, including meetings and email/letter correspondence, general admin tasks, and the resolution of any complaints
- Primary point of contact with student's in own sectors
- Updating the SMF website, Facebook, Twitter, as appropriate
- Other duties, as required by the management team, to assist the operation of the SMF's activities
Interested candidates should send a CV and tailored covering letter outlining their suitability for the post by email via the button below. Generic applications will not be considered.
If you have questions about the Manchester role, please contact Isobel Plant call on .
If you have any questions about the Cardiff roles, please contact Sally Weatherall call .