Equity Strategist in Buy-Side Multi-Asset Team (Relocation to outside
This role will focus on developing relevant, informed, high quality in-depth research to inform strategic and tactical positioning for our products. The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- In depth economic and investment knowledge of Equity markets demonstrated by experience in asset management or similar financial service.
- Able to develop and work with fundamental macro-economic models to assist investment decision-making.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and the ability to excel in a self-starting environment.
- Strong writing and communication skills, critical thinker, detail oriented, thrives and delivers in a fast pace environment.
The role will principally be to provide detailed analysis of equity markets. This analysis should be concise on multiple time frames. The output of the analysis should provide clear guidance on strategy to the broader investment team and in doing so assisting them to deliver positive investment results. Potential subjects include overall asset allocation to the asset class including exposures to factors, sectors and regions. The success within the role will be measured by the accuracy of the analysis provided.
- Helping develop strategic view on equity markets as well as factors, regions, sectors to inform longer term portfolio construction considerations.
- Utilising own proprietary modelling or external research provider to develop valuations of specific assets.
- Trade idea generation based on analysis of fundamental and technical information (with emphasis on fundamental).
- Critical thinking about quantitative and macroeconomic investment ideas and ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Ensuring sharing of knowledge and techniques with other investment strategists.
- Graduate degree with strong academic record in economics, finance, or a similar discipline required. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Between 6-8 years experience.
- Confident Communicator of investment topics.
- Passion for investing and capital markets and multi-asset experience of equity, fixed income and FX in developed and emerging regions.
- Familiarity with quantitative models and techniques required. Ability to write or modify code to support analytical work is a plus.