Business Administration Manager
Business Administration Manager
Up to GBP35,000 (dependent on experience)
40 hours per week
Start in October 2018
A unique opportunity for an experienced Business Administration Manager to establish and run the office and administrative function and be the secretariat for the Board of Trustees for Barking and Dagenham Youth Zone, a new charity with a state-of-the-art building offering a wide range of activities and targeted services for young people.
Future Youth Zone is a state-of-the-art GBP6.5m facility currently under construction in Barking and Dagenham and is due to open in Spring 2019. Attracting young people from across the borough and beyond through its fantastic facilities, the Youth Zone is a registered charity and will provide positive activities and practical support, with the aim of enabling young people to make constructive use of their leisure time and raise their aspirations. This brand-new role, funded by the Big Lottery Fund, offers the opportunity to be involved in shaping the day to day running of the Youth Zone for the benefit of the young people of Barking and Dagenham and surrounding areas.
The Business Administration Manager will have responsibility for setting up and running the support function for the Youth Zone in addition to having overall management responsibility of the day to day running of the office and key support personnel, in addition to providing HR and finance support. This is a challenging but also exciting and rewarding position at the centre of the organisation.
- You will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively manage office systems and administrative staff and volunteers
- You will have substantial experience in office management in addition to a sound working knowledge of basic HR/personnel principles, policies and procedures, and be able to proactively advise line managers and implement HR best practice
- You will be experienced and comfortable with producing basic monthly payroll and financial data
- With an ability to establish a rapport and communicate effectively with internal and stakeholders, you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- As an organised and IT literate person, you will be self-motivated, tenacious and able to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the brand new senior management team of the Youth Zone, helping to create a long-lasting legacy for young people in the area!
The strength of the OnSide Network of Youth Zone is the diversity of its people, we place huge value on different people doing things in different ways and we welcome applications from what might be considered non-traditional backgrounds. The one thing we all have in common is our desire to raise the aspirations of young people across the country.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires a standard DBS check.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, 30 th August 2018
Interview day: 6 th September 2018
To apply and for further information about Future Youth Zone please visit our website.
Follow us on Twitter!
Please send your CV by email via the button below, together with a one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying for this position. In addition, please ensure that you provide the following information:
- Details of your current or most recent remuneration package and notice period;
- If you have at any time been convicted of a criminal offence, please provide the details in strict confidence.
- Confirmation you are eligible to work in the UK (the successful candidate will be required to provide documentary evidence before a job offer is confirmed);
- Any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or the selection process.
Please note - CV's without cover letters will not be accepted.