Project Manager - IT Services
Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2016 of GBP3.25 billion and circa, 14,000 employees, listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
In our Project and Programme Practice, we continue to expand our pipeline and record of business wins because we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout a project.
The Practice now comprises of over 600 qualified professionals who deliver these services through in excess of 150 projects each year, making Computacenter Projects and Programmes Practice one of the largest project management presences in our marketplace.
We deliver a range of infrastructure projects typically including contractual service transitions, transformations, data centre relocations, rollouts, WAN and IP projects, VDI/Virtualisation and a range of Cloud related engagements; you'll work across this project range, getting to know many different customers.
If you're a Project Manager looking for a high level of autonomy and end-to-end responsibility for the delivery of complex, varied and high-value IT projects, Computacenter is the place to be.
We'll empower you to find and deliver the solutions that put customer needs first, trust your judgement to make the big decisions and give you the space to get things done.
• Achieves profitability and customer satisfaction on projects through astute commercial management
• Develop, build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally in order to achieve project objectives.
• Produce management reports through relevant tools to provide up to date information on project progress.
• Produce required project documentation to enable successful project outcomes.
• Coordinate and plan resource requirements to ensure project outcome deadlines are adhered to.
• Compliance with Projects Practice lifecycle to ensure best practice.
• May get involved in presales.
• Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation.
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for someone that can be flexible to work at customer sites across the UK when required.
• Who is literate (able to write credible documents), numerate (confident with calculating costs) and the ability to manage your own and others' workload.
• These skills should be backed up with experience of assisting in planning and the management of progress, resources and cost on large or small, IT infrastructure transition or transformation projects.
• This should be combined with knowledge of project initiation, change management, risk management, and the principles and practicalities of running projects.
• You will need the ability to get on with people at all levels and have experience of working in a project team.
• Ideally you will have a Prince2 Practitioner qualification and ISEB or APM qualified.
• You will need a current driving licence and able and willing to travel.
Competitive plus benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers' businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers' global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was GBP106.2 million, up from GBP86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of GBP3.79 billion an increase from GBP3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter's Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.