Regional Business Development Manager - International Travel
Location: Euston, London
Salary: GBP28,000 per annum + benefits including OTE GBP53K, uncapped commission, regular opportunities for luxury travel, modern, open-plan offices a few minutes' walk from Euston Station & a lively, friendly and hard-working culture!
Love travel? This is your chance to combine your career with your passion, working on events for the big hitters in global travel.
A company that helps build real business relationships is on the lookout for a Business Development Manager with experience or interest in travel and the travel industry and at least 2 years' sales experience to join their leisure team.
Founded in 2004, they run B2B trade events that bring together key players in the events and hospitality industry - from world-class hotels, venues and other suppliers - so they can meet, network and socialise. Their events are fast-becoming the most sought-after in the industry.
Currently, they have a team of more than 30 people working across three continents, 13 years of experience, 100 forums behind them, and 8 events in the pipeline for 2019 with destinations including Malaysia, Vienna, Istanbul, Montenegro and Florida.
About the Role
Based in central London, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Travelling regularly to domestic and overseas locations with a group of like-minded individuals for face-to-face sales trips, industry trade shows, and targeted office-based telesales campaigns
- Reaching revenue targets through managed sales campaigns covering your territories
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with your clients
- Identifying new business opportunities in existing and emerging markets
- Signing up luxury and romantic suppliers to attend their events
- Keeping up with industry trends to advise on strategies and tactical development
- Maintaining administration and territory management
- Reporting on sales figures, prospects and projected bookings to the Director of Leisure Sales
- Representing the company during trade events and sales visits
- Attending the forums as needed and assisting with event management when necessary
What You'll Need as a Regional Business Development Manager
- Experience or a demonstrable interest in travel and the travel industry (especially luxury/romantic travel)
- Positive, 'can-do' attitude
- Flexibility and willingness for regular travel
- 2-5 years' proven sales experience with structured sales training
- Hunger to succeed in sales & results-driven with demonstrable success in your current role
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (on the phone and face-to-face)
- Knowledge of and connections within the luxury leisure travel sector (a bonus!)
- Professional, organised and a team player
- Highly literate and numerate
Sound exciting? Click on the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience in and job titles including Sales Executive, Regional Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Area Field Sales, Business Development Executive, Sales Coordinator, Account Manager, Sales Representative may also be considered for this role.