IT Project Manager
Summary 'An IT job like no other' - The National Trust looks after the places you love, from houses, buildings and gardens to coast and countryside. If you're an experienced Project Manager and would like to join the highly skilled team that improves customer experience through creating and supports award winning digital products, then we want to hear from you.
What it's like to work here
We provide the best possible working environment for you throughout our two Central Office sites whilst also promoting and fostering a sociable community. Do great things for us and we'll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust's biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis, There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust's directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Our IT Digital Hub is based a short distance from Heelis, where our co-located multi-disciplinary agile and project management teams work together. So expect lots of Macs, whiteboards, post-its and break out space.
What you'll be doing
You'll lead and manage a range of IT software development projects, delivering them on time and within budget and to quality expectations. This will include a diverse portfolio of Small Work Requests (10 days duration including development and test and external suppliers) through to more significant projects to develop new online products for our supporters and business operations.
You'll work closely with a range of internal stakeholders, colleagues and a diverse supplier base throughout the project lifecycle, keeping them up to date on progress and managing their expectations through a formal Project Management framework. But flexibility will be essential as priorities change and as capacity of in-house teams and suppliers flux.
You'll be part of the IT Digital Team where you'll need a can-do attitude to finding the right solution to business requirements. The ability to work across small cross-functional agile teams, delivering real business benefits on a regular schedule into production with great tech. We are always looking to continuously improve, so your experience can flourish.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
- An ability to manage a diverse portfolio, prioritising and adjusting priorities as business requirements and delivery capacity changes.
- A proven track record of delivering projects to budget, timescale and quality criteria..
- A solid background in implementing IT software development within a multi-disciplined environment.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering the IT infrastructure to support the above software development projects.
- Experience of managing projects within different IT Project Management frameworks including Waterfall and Agile.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of sponsor, stakeholder and client management.
- Demonstrable experience of working across multi teams and with 3rd party partners.
You'll see how your important role fits into the bigger picture in a huge organisation like the National Trust. It's about more than just going the extra mile but really believing in it. Every day, everything that you do will help to wow your colleagues and create a great experience for our people.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our Retail and Food & Beverage outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking