Head of Buying
Head of Buying
Permanent, full time position
Based in Hertford SG13
Highly competitive salary
This is a rare opportunity to join our client’s team in a key appointment within their growing team. The role will suit an experienced senior buyer looking to step up the career ladder or a Head of Buying looking for a fresh challenge.
The primary focus of the role will be to lead and develop the buying team, monitor and manage workload, negotiate orders with their China office, document product details, manage the checking of samples and swatches to ensure they ship products to meet their quality standards and customer expectations and implement processes to ensure consistency.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- High level mathematics/numeracy skills and the ability to do complex mathematical calculations & equations, including profit margin & currency conversion
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- The ability to lead the negotiators with strategies to achieve the best possible commercial terms and prices depending on production space availability
- A logical and common-sense approach
- Experience of implementing new processes and systems
- Very strong organisational skills and the ability to manage a high volume of emails
- The ability to analyse information quickly and to work under pressure in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Strong experience dealing with China suppliers
- Solid understanding of the politics and culture involved would be a distinct advantage
The role will require regular travel to China and so the ability and flexibility to travel is essential.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
Apply for Head of Buying
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly