Bench Technician / Repair Technician
Job Title: Bench Technician
Location: Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Interview Dates: 9th & 10th August 2018
You will be reporting to the Planning Manager to affect the repair of the Company's bedside unit equipment, in a repair centre environment. This will contribute to the company goal of maximum bedside unit uptime and minimal fault levels.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Repairing faulty bedside units and where necessary installing replacement parts.
- Management and effective upkeep of bedside unit test equipment
- Cleaning and repair of faulty equipment for repair and re-distribution to sites
- Constantly review working processes to recommend improvements
- Ensuring that repairs meet quality standards in order to maximise Bedside Unit uptime, and ensure the maximum technical availability to customers.
- Ensuring high levels of attendance and good timekeeping at all times.
- Adherence to company procedures, including ensuring that Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- Proven experience of technical aptitude, and previous experience of working in a technical environment.
- Previous commercial experience of working in either a technical or customer service related environment
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Previous commercial experience of repairing and replacing equipment to component level
- Use of soldering iron
- Previous experience of working with RF and Digital Networks
- Previous experience of Hot Works
- Previous experience of escalation and resolution of technical problems
- Able to effectively prioritise workload and take an organised approach to work in order to meet time deadlines
- Able to take a disciplined, reliable, honest, discreet and professional approach to work at all times.
- Flexible working style with previous experience of working as part of team
- Logical problem solver
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Repairs Technician, Maintenance Technician, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Tool Engineer, Maintenance Support, Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Maintenance Support Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Bench Technician, Repair Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, Support Engineer, Factory Technician, Electrical Technician, Repairs Technician may also be considered for this role.