Part Time Customer Service Advisor
I am recruiting for some part time (18 or 20 hours) Customer Service Advisors for a prestigious client who is one of the leading companies in the UK based in Sutton Coldfield. This position is paying a full time equivalent salary of £18700 (will be pro-rata'd for part time).
This is a professional and growing FTSE250 company; primarily they arrange prepaid funeral plans for customers who are predominantly over the age of 50. This is a chance to join very conscientious, sociable and friendly team with a clear career progression opportunity. These vacancies have come about due to internal promotions and a growth requirement for the current team.
You will respond to high volume inbound 'At Need' client calls regarding to funeral arrangements where you will need to show sensitivity and empathy. These calls will be received from client's friends and family who will be calling to activate the funeral plan the client has taken out. You will also receive calls from the Police and Network Rail with who the client also have a contract with.
Other duties will also include 'Pre Need' inbound enquiries from customers who may be responding to specific marketing material, no sales targets are in place but you will be expected to advise on the different funeral plans on offer. You will also be dealing with current policy holders who may wish to make an amendment or add on a request to their funeral plan.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Receive on average 50 inbound calls per day which will be a mix of 'at need' and 'pre need' calls
- Deal with 'at need' calls in a professional and empathetic manner; an 'at need' call is from a customer's friend/relative calling to activate the funeral plan as the customer has passed away.
- Deal with 'pre need' calls in a sensitive and professional manner; a 'pre need' call is from a current or prospective customer calling to enquire about, amend or ask a general question regarding a funeral plan
- You will resolve client concerns, queries &/or problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative options; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems
- Working towards agreed service level targets ensuring the very best customer service is delivered
- You will be transferring key client information to other colleagues with accuracy, timeliness and professionalism
- You will assist team members and other colleagues with knowledge and guidance to ensure high levels of service are achieved.
- Previous inbound customer service call centre experience is essential
- A customer focussed individual with the ability to build quick rapport/relationship over the phone
- Clear and concise verbal communication techniques
- Exceptional listening skills & telephone communication skills
- Must be a genuine, conscientious, patient and ethical in nature
- Be able to show empathy on phone
- Adaptable approach to meet client needs (e. Sensitivity, patience, friendliness, empathy and efficiency)
- Attention to detail and strong data inputting skills
A number of different shifts are available:
20 hours - 2 week evenings 5-11pm with a Saturday day/mid shift
20 hours - 2 week evenings 5-11pm with a Sunday day shift
20 hours - Monday - Friday 6-10pm
18 hours - Friday, Saturday, Sunday 5-11pm
TIMESCALES TO START AND TRAINING:
Monday 3rd September start date (no annual leave allowed for first 2 weeks due to in depth training)
***Due to the in depth training you will need to be able to commit to 2 weeks FULL TIME DAY SHIFTS (38 hours) work between the hours of 9am and 7pm (no more than 7 hours per day), overtime will be paid for additional hours worked over your contracted hours***
***There will be a further 2 weeks full time day training a couple of months into your role which you will need to be able to commit to***
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
- £9/h - Equivalent of £18700 full time (38 hours), pro rata for part time:
20 hours = £9651
18 hours = £8686
- 22 Days holiday + bank holidays* each year (pro rata for part time) (entitlement increases with service)
- Free car parking
- Progression opportunities as the business grows
*This position will require bank holiday working, if you work a bank holiday, you will receive the day in lieu at another time*
**PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE AND CAN COMMIT TO THE TRAINING SCHEDULE **
If you are customer focused, have a friendly and empathetic nature and interested in this position please send your CV and call 0121 6333888 and ask for Adam or Melissa.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***