Microbiology Analyst / Laboratory Technician /Laboratory Tester
Job Title: Microbiology Analyst
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Monday 3rd September 2018
The Company is a multi-award-winning UK company; including winners of three prestigious Queen's Awards for Enterprise in Innovation and numerous heating industry accolades. As a UK manufacturer and Europe's largest water treatment manufacturer their mission is to work towards a future where every heating and cooling system is protected and maintained thus eliminating the headache of system breakdowns for everyone. Their best practice approach is being adopted by installers and heating engineers around the world. At the forefront of pioneering technology, the Company provides innovative products and chemical solutions for all types of commercial and domestic buildings in the UK, France, the DACH region, Norway, North America, Canada and China. Growing UK and international markets is part of our growth strategy.
Company's industry leading approach to system maintenance best practice is supported by a comprehensive range of magnetic filters and water treatment premium chemicals, UKAS accredited laboratory and water testing services. Their best-selling range of MagnaClean filters have been installed in more than four million UK homes alone to date. This is supported by their own range of premium quality chemicals.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Microbiology Analyst to join the team.
Purpose of the Role:
The Microbiology Analyst will carry out water testing to specific SOP's as outlined within the Quality Manual and ensure all quality control procedures are followed to prevent any microbiological contamination from the laboratory and site, to ensure the validity of results.
The post holder should have enthusiasm for science and wish to develop technically to understand the risks associated with microbiological contamination including Legionella and the control measures outlined in HSG274 Legionnaires' disease Technical guidance, the provision of 'Wholesome' water for domestic purposes and the prevention of corrosion of heating and chilled water systems.
The Microbiology Analyst will play an active part in method validation, implementing novel techniques and methodologies to offer the highest quality of service to clients
- Apply health and safety and quality standards as required by the Company, statutory legislation and external customer requirements
- Ensure that all samples received in the laboratory are processed within the appropriate time frame
- Ensure all instrumentations / equipment are functioning correctly to enable to the accurate performance of all aspects of testing
- To ensure that all customer contractual terms are met, and that laboratory processes comply with quality standards implemented
- Promote best practice throughout the laboratory, in terms of quality driven laboratory production
- To assist in the review, update and improvement on existing methods and the development of new methods that will bring benefit to the company
- To carry out any reasonable duties as specified by the line manager
The Successful Candidate will have/be:
- Qualification to Degree or higher in Microbiology / Environmental Science or equivalent and Microbiology laboratory experience
- Excellent communication skills, and to be confident when dealing with external bodies
- Financially and IT literate
- Able to work within set targets and goals, and be able to manage expectations
- Able to work well in a team, with an open, honest and approachable character
- A good eye for detail and understand fully the business processes
- Flexible in responding to customer incidents
- A generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare cover
- Life assurance
- On-site parking
- On-site swimming pool
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discounts
In addition, the successful candidate will have the satisfaction of joining an ambitious and high growth International Company, offering great scope for career progression and a commitment to your ongoing training and development.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if we receive a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications, not always is possible reply personally, with a detailed response on every occasion. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that it has not been successful at this time.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: Laboratory Analyst, Lab Technician, Lab Scientist, Laboratory Assistant, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Technician, Water Treatment Engineer, Water Treatment Technician, Water Analyst Lab Tester and Process Tester may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Microbiology Analyst / Laboratory Technician /Laboratory Tester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly