Trainer Facilitator - South Devon Marine Academy
We are recruiting for a Trainer Facilitator to instruct and teach our ambitious students on a range of programmes. The successful Trainer Facilitator will also assess students according to examining bodies and internal procedures.
If you are looking for a role which will enhance your personal development, we highly encourage the development of your teaching methods and subject knowledge.
- Certified RYA instructor
- Competent in sailing and power boating
- Willing to attain teaching qualifications if needed
- Marine Engineering or Boat Building qualifications
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Educated to degree level in a marine-related subject
Trainer Facilitator Duties
- Maintenance and servicing of vessels and safety equipment
- Contributing to curriculum development
- Implementing pastoral and welfare systems for students
- Developing good working relationships with customers
- 25 days Holiday, plus up to 5 College closure days and bank holidays
- Pension Scheme and Life Assurance (if member of pension scheme)
- On-site nursery and nursery voucher scheme
- Access to fitness suite facilities & corporate membership with Torbay Leisure Centre
- Access to Automotive Department (low cost repairs and maintenance)
- Staff Discounts (Inspirations – Hair & Beauty, NUS Student Cards)
- Discounted Stagecoach bus pass and more
About South Devon College
South Devon College is a Further and Higher Education college with top success rates, located in Torbay, which is part of the beautiful English Riviera. Our state of the art campus offers local access to world class facilities. We are an ambitious College, ambitious for our learners, our staff and the community we serve. We measure our performance by the success of our learners.
Our fresh vibrant culture provides 12,000 learners each year with a wide provision ranging from Foundation to University Learning, contributing an overall £30 million College expenditure to the local economy.
Interview Date: 7th September 2018
This College is committed to Safeguarding/Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners, including children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.