Business Development Assistant
The ABR Company is a family run company and globally renowned as a leading trade magazine publisher and business to business event organiser specialising in a niche sector of the international maritime industry.
We are looking for a driven, inquisitive and energetic business development assistant to sell tailored and bespoke advertising packages into our publications and assist with convention and conference exhibition and delegate sales.
- Assisting with the classified advertising programme in line with agreed targets.
- Generating new business leads through database targeting, customer relationship development, cold calling, attendance at industry related events and market research.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Collaborate with team members to determine necessary advertising and event sales approach and support in the retention of existing business.
- Create and present effective sales proposals, negotiate to secure agreement.
- Plan, research and make outbound follow-up strategy.
- Identify opportunities for up-selling, cross-selling and revenue growth.
- Enter new customer data and maintain the company database.
- Hands-on involvement in production phase and fulfilment of bookings.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the tug, OSV, towage and salvage market place.
- Ability to identify, target and analyse new business sales opportunity areas.
- Drive and hunger for business development and generate revenue growth.
- Ability to engage confidently at senior levels to build, nurture and influence long lasting relationships.
- Confident face-to-face networker at business events and trade shows, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, assertive personality, high level of enthusiasm.
- Self-motivated and energetic approach to sourcing leads and closing sales.
- Proven and strong organisation skills to track opportunities and the sales pipeline, conduct research and account management.
- Social media campaign planning and implementation.
The successful applicant will be excited by a challenge and possess confidence and resilience to achieve results with the personality to quickly establish themselves as a great ambassador and representative of The ABR Company.
Apply for Business Development Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly