Hourly rate: Up to £8.48 starting rate which includes payment for travel time, plus weekend enhancements and travel expenses
Location: Hanham, Kingswood, Longwell Green, Cadbury Heath, Warmley, Downend, Emersons Green, Wick and Marshfield
We care for people in their own homes. What’s important to them is important to us.
Wouldn’t you just love a job that brings buckets of satisfaction? To go home every night knowing that you put a smile on people’s faces just by being you?
If you are a caring ‘people-person’, and all this sounds right, then this is definitely the job for you!
You will join our home care team that covers the South Gloucestershire area. Brunelcare has just been named as South Gloucestershire Council’s chosen provider for homecare for people living in: Hanham, Kingswood, Longwell Green, Cadbury Heath, Warmley, Wick, Downend, Emersons Green and Marshfield.
We value our Community Carers and to prove this Brunelcare pay for every moment worked and not just the time spent caring. We also pay for time spent with and travelling to customers.
In addition you will receive:
- £100 cash back after completing 3 months’ continuous service
- Free training, including full induction and ongoing training and support
- Free benefits scheme subscription, giving great high street retailer discounts and much more
- Free DBS Check
- Free uniform and equipment
- Competitive rates of pay, plus enhancements for weekends and bank holidays (paid double-time)
- 38p mileage allowance (per mile)
- Paid holidays
- Child care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program, which provides free confidential advice
What skills do you need?
- No experience required – we train you
- Ability to get on well with different people
- Kindness, care and honesty – able to treat people with dignity and respect
- Must have a driving licence and own car
What does the job involve?
- Care duties, including assistance with washing, toileting, bed making, medication and preparing meals and drinks
- Enabling people to achieve as much independence as possible within their own home
- Full time or Part time (ranging from 12 – 35 hours per week; ‘earlies’ from 7am; late shifts up to 11pm and weekend shifts).
Why work for Brunelcare?
- We have been awarded Care Employer in the South West for 2017, by the Great British Care Awards.
- We employ over a 1,000 carers, with guaranteed working hours
- Brunelcare has been awarded the Investors in People Standard for the 19th year running, recognising us as a great employer and for providing an outstanding place to work.
- We have been providing care and support to people in the South West for over 75 years
please email your CV.
A full job description for this role is also available on our website.
We are obliged to ask all successful applicants to complete a DBS application, which Brunelcare pay for. The level of DBS check required for this role is enhanced with barred list. Brunelcare is an equal opportunities employer – registered charity no. 201555.
Apply for Community Carer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly