Group Manager - Policy Directorate
Are you interested in privacy and transparency?
Do you think information about people should be protected properly?
Can you lead a team to make a positive difference to information rights?
We currently have multiple fantastic opportunities for a Group Manager - Policy Directorate to join our team based in Wilmslow on a permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £45,697 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
As an independent regulator serving the public, the Information Commissioner’s Office upholds information rights for all. The ICO does this by promoting openness in public bodies, as well as data privacy for individuals, using our powers to enforce the law where necessary.
About the Group Manager - Policy Directorate roles
The Policy Directorate is responsible for the ICO's information rights policy including how we interpret the laws we enforce.
With information rights more important than ever with the strengthening of our data protection laws, our Group Managers lead their teams’ work focussed on the key information rights issues of the day.
Current vacancies are for Group Managers to lead teams in Guidance and Policy Development, Internal Advice, Internet Economy Engagement and International Engagement.
Group Manager - Policy Directorate duties and key responsibilities:
- The focus of the work is not just on leading a team but also taking responsibility for our engagement with important and senior level stakeholders
- Developing the ICO’s policy positions, producing influential guidance and undertaking projects aimed at developing our information rights laws further.
- Get to the heart of some of the most complex issues we deal with at pace developing practical outcomes which can involve taking significant decisions with far reaching effects.
You may be required to travel to engagements throughout the UK, sometimes further afield. Therefore, your ability travel and willingness to work outside of normal office hours is essential.
Our ideal Group Manager will have skills and experience which include:
- Excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise competing issues and tasks in a very varied workload
- Ability tocontribute effectively as part of a team often with demanding deadlines
- Ability to lead a team and ensure it achieves its objectives often in fast moving and challenging environments
- Degree educated or equivalent
- A strong interest in the information rights landscape.
- Whilst knowledge of information rights laws would be desirable we would also welcome applications from those who can demonstrate experience of applying similarly complex legislation and the ability to adapt quickly.
Please see the full job description and person specification for the roles.
Why work for us?
- Flexible working hours, including flexi leave.
- Civil Service Pension.
- 25 days paid holiday a year with options to buy, sell, and bank days.
- Extra ‘privilege’ days in addition to normal public holidays.
- Compressed working-hours options.
- Part-time working and job sharing.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Health cash plan.
- Colleague assistance scheme.
- Access to many discounted products and services.
- Welfare and family friendly policies.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Staff medical scheme and eyesight testing.
- Home working possible (after probationary period).
Closing date for applications: 19 August 2018 at 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Group Manager - Policy Directorate then please click ‘Apply’ today
The ICO is committed to Equal Opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.