A new opportunity has opened for a experienced Full-time Permanent Family Paralegal to join our busy family team at our Office in Harlow, Essex. The Firm is well established, with a reputation in the local area and has 11 offices across London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Law degree (or equivalent GDL degree) - Essential
- Legal Practice Course (LPC) - Desirable
- Previous Family Paralegal experience - Essential (1 year)
Daily responsibilities will include:
- To provide written, telephone and office costs estimates to Prospective clients/ Introducers with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested,
- Providing quotes to new clients,
- Ensuring compliance with file management,
- Interviewing clients, taking instructions, identifying appropriate funding, including public funding, keeping detailed file notes of instructions received, advice given and any other attendances upon clients and other parties,
- Dealing with routine client enquiries and communications,
- Assisting fee earners with research,
- Drafting applications to the court and other court documents for approval by the fee earner,
- Drafting and checking statements,
- Dealing with letter, fax, email and telephone communications promptly,
- Attending court to issue claim forms and other legal documents and to assist at trial,
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all of the firm’s and client documentation and information,
- Responding promptly and accurately to requests for information concerning case work from Partners, Supervisors and fee-earners,
- Preparation of trial bundles and management of documents, including photocopying, compilation of bundles of documents, delivery of documents to court and other parties and collection,
- Taking telephone messages, pulling and filing post, collection and posting of DX,
- Maintenance of file format in accordance with office manual, to include filing,
- Drafting of meeting agendas and taking the minutes of the meeting,
- Assisting in the preparation of bills of costs and claims for costs to the Legal Aid Agency.
- Excellent communication Skills,
- Good IT skills,
- Good time management skills,
- Organise own workload with minimum supervision,
- Cope effectively in demanding circumstances,
- Work to a pace without errors,
- Flexible approach to work,
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
This role will pay a competitive salary, good holiday allowance, pension scheme, Private Health Care and Childcare Vouchers. In addition there will be plenty of opportunities to take on more responsibility and complex cases as soon as you are able.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent