Field Sales Representative
The Field Sales Representative role within my client will be to present and sell service contracts to both new and existing customers.
The Field Sales Representative role requires someone seeking individual responsibility and accountability for their results with the full support of the Sales Manager. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of preparing and pricing offers to prospective customers.
A background knowledge of manufacturing processes and engineering would be beneficial but not essential.
You will be visiting existing customers to discuss their pipework and compressor requirements once knowledge has been increased.
You will initially be expected to work from head office when not on the road, to prospect, plan and organise customer visits covering the geographical area and to maximise the time that they spend in front of customers. This may lead to working from home on completion of a probation period and once good working practice has been established.
This demanding and "hands on position" requires a self-starter with a disciplined, organised approach to prioritise and complete the tasks expected effectively.
Candidates without field sales experience will be considered if they display the right qualities and some level of experience engaging with customers.
* Perform independently and professionally representing the company in a geographic territory to establish and develop end user customer relationships.
* Achieve a clear set of KPI`s and sales goals.
* Target, prospect, qualify, and secure NEW end user customer accounts for pipeline development and territory growth.
* Implement a consultative sales approach to assess customer requirements with regards to the servicing and repair of their compressed air equipment.
* Obtain required specifications and component drawings from end user customers to generate accurate, precise, and timely quotations and assist with problem resolution to support customer requirements.
* Support new equipment sales where possible working closely with the Sales Manager.
* Document, track, and follow up on all leads to support new business development and customer retention.
* Complete and maintain required sales information, contacts and visit reports within the customer relationship management software CRM.
* Communicate effectively with the company leadership all sales challenges, successes and needs associated with new business generation.
* Provide market intelligence, ideas and recommendations regarding assigned territory, competition and competitive information, customer requirements, and sales strategies to support company growth.
* Develop and implement strategic plans that focus on key markets and solutions to achieve target revenue goals.
* Track customer service activities for account retention and development.
* Stay up-to-date on and maintain a level of knowledge that will "keep up" with technology as developments take place: sales skills, professional knowledge, electronic and software developments, and self-training to maximise professional growth and advancement.
* Attend and participate in industry trade shows, customer events and sales meetings
* Ambitious / motivated to succeed / self-starter.
* Articulate, literate and numerate.
* Accountable and responsible.
* Consultative sales and relationship building skills.
* New business sales skills.
* CRM / IT literate.
* Able to complete monthly report, KPIs, pipeline etc.
* Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
* Valid clean driving licence and willingness to travel
£24`000 (OTE £30`000) + Car / Car Allowence, Pension, Mobile & Laptop
Please call Alex on: 020 8686 7312 or Email: