The Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace are looking dedicated Office Manager to set up and manage a new regional office in the United Kingdom for the Sisters, who are soon to relocate to Nottingham from Rearsby, Leicestershire. This key position will ensure that the regional office of the runs smoothly and help facilitate the charism, mission, and direction of the community in the UK.
The Office Manager would support the Business Manager and the Health and Wellbeing Coordinator who will also be based in the regional office, as well as regular communication with the Sisters in the UK. The Office Manager will also serve as the main point of contact and public face for the community, answering phones, and welcoming visitors to the office. We are a registered charity with CIO status.
Closing Date: 6:00 PM on Friday 7 September 2018.
To Apply, send both cover letter/Indeed message and CV.
Position Summary: Responsible for ensuring that the regional office of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace runs smoothly and to help facilitate the charism, mission, and direction of the community in the United Kingdom.
Position Relationships:Accountable to Congregation Leadership Team and Trustees of the Charity. Liaises with Trustees, sisters designated by the Leadership Team to facilitate community life in the region, Business Manager, and Health and Wellbeing Coordinator. Interrelationships with sisters, associates, general public, UK staff, office managers in the US regions, suppliers and vendors.
Responsibilities & Authorities
- Provides general administrative support to the region, Business Manager, and Health and Wellbeing Coordinator.
- Consolidate existing office systems into one central regional office.
- Serves as the main point of contact and public face for the community, answering phones, and welcoming visitors to the office. Directs inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Manages office operations, including supplies, equipment, computers, phones, database, general Congregation and regional communication with sisters and associates.
- Keeps an updated mailing list, prepares mailings and distributes materials.
- Sets up and manages paper and electronic filing system for region office.
- Responds to requests for information and access to active archival records.
- Provides secretarial assistance to aid sisters who cannot undertake tasks for themselves, such as travel arrangements and various forms.
- Takes minutes of various meetings as required.
- Uses a range of software including email, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases to ensure the efficient running of the office.
- Provides minor technology support, including troubleshooting and acting as the liaison with vendors and information technology consultants for computers and office equipment.
- Updates website and social media accounts with information provided by sisters.
- Liaises with suppliers when necessary to discuss order requirements or to report office maintenance issues.
- Successful experience working within a similar role.
- Commitment to learn about vowed life in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace: our mission, history and values.
- Amenable to and comfortable working with an older population.
- Ability to approach people in a manner which creates harmony and promotes cooperation.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and periodic interruptions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technology skills that support communication, engagement, and inclusion, including cloud computing, desktop publishing, database entry, and word processing.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when required.
- Proactive attitude and attention to detail.
- Flexibility required to work in accordance with diverse duties.
- Degree or qualifications in an appropriate discipline, such as business, office management, information technology, or communication.
- Experience working with a population of older adults.
- Experience with Salesforce database and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience dealing with confidential information.
About the Congregation
The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace was founded in Nottingham in 1884 by Mother Clare (Margaret Anna Cusack). She was a woman deeply moved by the social conditions of her times and the plight of poor and oppressed people. The focus of our Congregation is to promote peace through justice. Over the years the sisters have served in social work, health care, education and action for justice.
The Congregation consists of three geographic regions: one in the United Kingdom and two in the United States (East and Pacific Northwest). The sisters also serve in Haiti. The headquarters of the Congregation is in New Jersey, USA. We have vowed members (sisters) and non-vowed women and men known as associates. Our total vowed membership is over 140 sisters and we have a growing number of associates. The U.K. is the smallest region with 33 vowed members. Our ages range from 50 – 101, with most being over 70.
The UK headquarters has for many years been located at Sacred Heart Convent in Rearsby, Leicestershire. We are in the process of selling this property and plan to rent office space in Nottingham. We currently have convents in Nottingham, Leicester, Cleethorpes, Bradford and London, with individual sisters living in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Haiti.
We value our lay employees who work with us and help us accomplish our mission.
Learn more about the Congregation on our website:www.csjp.org
MUST SEND COVERING LETTER or message indicating interest with CV to be considered for this position.
Apply for Office Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly