Commissioning Editor (Legal) - Canary Wharf
They are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. They deliver this must-have insight to various markets including financial, legal, tax, accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the one of the world's most trusted news organisations.
Position Title: International Commissioning Editor
Position Type: Contractor
Role Purpose/ Summary:
The editor will commission international articles from external lawyers, and ensure the receipt of copy to be edited by the editorial team. The editor will also assist, where appropriate, in the development of international content. The editor will report to the Director, Commissioned Content in Editorial.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- The commissioning of international legal know-how articles (and updates of existing content) on a range of topics for publication on their website, promoting the knowledge and expertise of the contributing lawyers.
- Liaising with the international editorial teams to identify necessary legal know-how content to be commissioned.
- Communicating with external law firms and lawyers and their representatives, to ensure the commissioning of legal know-how articles, including attempting to ensure that copy is delivered in the time frame agreed.
- Managing the terms and conditions for articles commissioned (and liaising with the legal team where necessary on this).
- Where necessary and where other duties do not conflict, assisting with the technical legal editing, copy editing, sub-editing, and the proof-reading and review of international content pieces.
- Promoting and integrating international content within their wider web services and to their subscribers and other users.
- Conducting focused research into specific areas of law, legal developments, law firms and in-house lawyers across different jurisdictions to build a working knowledge of current themes and issues in relevant practice areas.
- Familiarity with in-house electronic publishing packages to prepare articles for online publication.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Good legal knowledge and excellent written English.
- Excellent IT skills using Microsoft Office and other applications.
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in publishing and/or editorial.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Degree level, ideally no less than 2 (law degree, or non-law degree if the GDL or equivalent has been completed)
- Either has completed (or intends to complete) the LPC or equivalent.
Apply for Commissioning Editor (Legal) - Canary Wharf
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly