Information Security and Compliance Officer
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Information Security and Compliance Officer to join our team in St Albans (some remote working required). You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a salary of up to £50,000 per annum depending on experience.
Modality Systems is an award-winning technical consulting and software development company focused on Microsoft’s Unified Communications technologies – Lync, Skype and Teams. We consider ours consulting team to be the best and brightest in the UC industry and we’re always looking for exceptional Skype for Business skilled resources to join our industry leading consulting teams.
As our Information Security and Compliance Officer you will work across our Legal and IT departments to ensure compliance with global privacy and data protection legislation. You will do this by utilising your sound knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection regulations, gained from leading a recent GDPR compliance project.
Using your knowledge of other legal and statutory compliance areas within the Technology industry, you will help to guide Modality Systems in these areas, both internally and in commercial negotiations with clients, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to fulfil our commitment to Information Security.
Responsibilities of our Information Security and Compliance Officer:
- Draft (from templates), review, and negotiate Data Processing Agreements with our clients and 3rd party suppliers.
- Advise on data processing language in contractual documentation to ensure agreed standards reflect company practice
- Contribute to internal policies and procedures to ensure contractual clauses are adhered to.
- Understand our data protection responsibilities and advise on/assist the company with compliance
- Coordinate and manage Information Security audits and tenders.
- Be a valuable team member of our internal ISO27001 committee.
Skills, experience and qualifications required of our Information Security and Compliance Officer:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to pro-actively drive and own processes
- Mature and presentable
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information and lessons learned
- Previous involvement in ISO certification (specifically ISO 27001), data protection and legal contracts would be also be advantageous.
What can we offer our Information Security and Compliance Officer?
- You’ll be joining a growing team that will drive business change and is key to Modality Systems services
- The opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You will be working on a solution used by brand name customers from around the world
- Training opportunities
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Information Security and Compliance Officer then please click ‘Apply’ today!