Learning Support Technician - Computing
We are currently recruiting for a full time Learning Support Technician to join our Hi Tech (Engineering and Computing) department. As Learning Support Technician, you will be responsible for managing the resources and equipment for Computing, ensuring that health and safety is maintained in the store rooms and classrooms. You will ensure equipment and resources are available to support learning and assessment in the classroom, and contribute to observations and assessments of students as required.
- Experience using MySQL
- Knowledge of a range of programming techniques
- Educated to Level 3 or above in Computer networking (infrastructure and server configuration, computer systems, database solutions)
- Knowledge of fault-finding techniques in both computer and networked systems.
Learning Support Technician Duties
- Managing computing resources and equipment
- Maintaining health and safety in store rooms/classrooms
- Contributing to student observations and assessments
- 25 days Holiday, plus up to 5 College closure days and bank holidays
- Pension Scheme and Life Assurance (if member of pension scheme)
- On-site nursery and nursery voucher scheme
- Access to fitness suite facilities & corporate membership with Torbay Leisure Centre
- Access to Automotive Department (low cost repairs and maintenance)
- Staff Discounts (Inspirations – Hair & Beauty, NUS Student Cards)
- Discounted Stagecoach bus pass and more
About South Devon College
South Devon College is a Further and Higher Education college with top success rates, located in Torbay, which is part of the beautiful English Riviera. Our state of the art campus offers local access to world class facilities. We are an ambitious College, ambitious for our learners, our staff, and the community we serve. We measure our performance by the success of our learners.
Our fresh vibrant culture provides 12,000 learners each year with a wide provision ranging from Foundation to University Learning, contributing an overall £30 million College expenditure to the local economy.
Interview Date: Friday 7th September 2018