Job Title: Payments Officer
Salary: Circa £25,000 dependant on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company, an established financial services provider in London are looking for a Payments Officer to join their dynamic and enthusiastic team. They are both innovative and forward thinking and if you share the same ethos, you will find plenty of opportunities to grow and develop there.
The primary responsibilities of a Payments Officer are to review and process all payments (deposits and withdrawals) for clients to ensure smooth operation of the department.
You will liaise with external payment provider to resolve clients' enquiries related to all payment subjects.
You will provide analysis and report MI to the management team which help to contribute towards the overall development of the company.
You will work closely with Finance, Customer Services and Compliance departments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Inputting, processing, authorising, reviewing deposits and withdrawals and create journals
- Reconciliation of clients' accounts balance with internal and external platforms
- Resolving internal and external queries regarding payments in a timely and professional manner
- Identifying, creating, reviewing and enhancing internal procedures, systems and controls
- Assisting and performing KYC related to payments, to ensure that all processing meets regulatory requirements
- Daily monitoring and carrying out AML investigations
- Assisting and supporting with auditing
- Dealing with queries swiftly and effectively whilst providing an impeccable customer service
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 2 years prior experience in a similar role or experience in payments, finance, KYC/AML or settlement operations is essential
- Experience within a CFD or Spread Betting firm would be desirable
- Experience working in an early stage growth business environment is desirable
- Experience with information systems, internal financial controls is essential
- Knowledge of MT4 trading platform is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of PSD2 is desirable
- Experience with Payment Gateways and Processing is desirable
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills, a strong team orientation and resiliency
- Financial services industry experience, particularly within financial crime prevention
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly organised and motivated
- Accurate attention to detail
- Strong excel skills
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and commitment to provide the highest level of service possible
- The ability to communicate clearly, positively and effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion for excellence and willingness to work to exceed expectations
- The ability to build rapport quickly and easily
- Proactive and anticipates situations, develops proposals, and positive solutions
- Fully participate and engage in any relevant training initiatives within the company and on-going assessment of own experience.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Payments Officer, Client Accounts Administrator, Client Payment Officer, Financial Services Payments Officer, Client Payments Manager may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Payments Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly