Health and Safety Consultant / H&S Officer / Health and Safety Advisor
Job Title: Health and Safety and Compliance Adviser
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 31st August 2018
The Organisation are the voice of dentists and dental students in the UK. They bring dentists together, support their members through advice and education, and represent their interests. This is a challenging and dynamic period for dentistry and the Organisation is recruiting a Health and Safety and Compliance Adviser.
This is a full-time post and will be based at their offices in central London. Working in a team of advisers, the post holder will be responsible for providing advice mainly by telephone and written advice to their members on all aspects of infection control guidelines, health and safety requirements, decontamination, compliance with national quality standards and inspections. The role will also involve monitoring guidance produced by outside organisations, producing advice for dentists where relevant, representing the Association at meetings with outside bodies and giving presentations to groups of dentists on relevant matters and promote the services offered by the Organisation as appropriate.
- To be a first point of contact for members requiring expert advice and support in compliance-related matters, including (but not restricted to), health and safety requirements, infection control and decontamination, compliance with national quality standards and inspections, and various associated matters
- Produce high quality written advice for members in compliance-related matters and contribute to the development and maintenance of the organisation's advice publications and template policies and protocols
- Monitor relevant advice and guidance issued by outside organisations pertinent to general dental practice and update the organisation's advice accordingly
- Maintain an understanding of the diversity of working environments within the dental profession, and the implications of implementing regulatory requirements
- In addition to the organisation's advice publications, keep the their members informed through BDJ InPractice articles and their website
- Prepare and present at seminars and workshops and deliver training to dentists and practice staff on compliance-related issues
- Represent the organisation at meetings with outside bodies and promote the services offered by the organisation, as appropriate
- To undertake special projects as and when necessary
- To maintain a current knowledge of the work of the organisation and the Directorate
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
The successful candidate should have working knowledge of health and safety legislation, decontamination requirements, and/or national quality standards requirements in a healthcare environment and the ability to use that knowledge to develop solutions. Any relevant and up-to-date infection control or health and safety qualification is desirable.
The ideal candidate will have:
- the ability to produce high quality written material that meets the needs of a variety of audiences
- possess excellent people skills and a commitment to deal proactively and positively with their concerns
- have excellent personal organisation skills so that work is prioritised correctly and deadlines are met within a pressurised environment
- possess good presentation skills and experience of presenting to large and small audience
- have a commitment to providing a high level of service to individuals
- show flexibility and the ability to work as part of a team to achieve shared goals
- have good IT skills.
- Generous company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cash back for various healthcare treatments
- Employee assistance programme
- Subsidised gym membership
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and an Investor in People.
Candidates with experience of: Health and Safety Consultant, SHEQ Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Environment Officer, Health and Safety Coordinator, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, Health & Safety Compliance, H&S Advisor, H&S Manager, Health and Safety Compliance Officer may also be considered for this role.