Our client is a residential support service for users with a variety of needs around the Bradley Stoke area. This role involves working with a team of three support workers who support a service user with Cerebral Palsy who requires one on one, day to day support at home and in the community. He is a very friendly and active man who likes to spend a lot of time out and about.
You will be working with a team of three support workers to provide day to day support for a man with Cerebral Palsy. You will be provided with excellent training, and will be introduced to the service user by the team. He requires support to go out in the community and with personal care. This is an enjoyable role and the gentleman`s current support workers describe him as friendly, and say that he does not struggle with mental illness or challenging behaviour. He has a particular passion for football, enjoys socialising with his friends, and enjoys going on holidays and on trips to London.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in care, be comfortable with personal care and confident with manual handling. You will enjoy the idea of spending 37 hours a week supporting the service user with his day to day activities, and enabling him to enjoy time out in the community. You will be a supportive individual, a driver, and a male due to the service user`s needs. You should an NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or be willing to complete one while working.
Hours: 37 hrs a week. Shifts cover 24hrs and your rota will be negotiated with your team leader.
Hourly rate: £8 + £30 per sleep.
Training and Benefits
- The team provide excellent on-the-job training and will introduce you to the service user and ensure you are both comfortable with one another.
- You will be required to complete an NVQ Level 2 and progress onto an NVQ Level 3 after probation.
- 28 days holiday per year inc. bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- The service user has his own car which will be used for trips into the community
- An understanding and supportive team who work together to organdie shift patterns around each other`s commitments
- Opportunity to work overtime if you choose
- You must be male due to the service user`s requirements
- You must be a car driver with a full drivers licence
- Ideally you would have a Level 2 in Health and Social Care, and if you don`t you must be willing to undertake training while working.
- You must have at least 6 months paid, personal or life experience in care working with in a similar setting.
If you are interested in this role but do not have all the relevant qualifications please call me as I have a number of similar roles available.
If you are interested in this role please contact Katharine on 0117 922 1130 for a confidential discussion or email
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly