Investment Analyst (Japanese Equities)
Our mission is to empower our clients through demonstrably enhancing their savings and wealth. Orbis was founded in 1989 to provide clients with performance-oriented global investment management services based on the principles of fundamental, long-term and contrarian thinking. We invest approximately $40 billion on behalf of clients and we employ nearly 400 people, with investment teams in London, San Francisco, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Tokyo. As a company, and across our global offices, we maintain a strong and specific focus on providing a flexible and stimulating working environment that appeals to a diverse range of people, who have a sense of purpose, and appreciate challenge.
At Orbis we take a different approach:
• We are privately owned, so that there is no shareholder pressure and we can make sure we always do the right thing for clients.
• We believe investing should be accessible to all, from big private or institutional investors to everyday investors whose wealth and financial freedom we hope to build.
• We are willing to go against the herd in our investment decisions, looking for hidden and missed value and having the conviction of applying our strategy rigorously and consistently over time.
We believe it is the things we do differently that make the difference: our flagship global strategy has outperformed its benchmark by an average of over 5% per year over 27 years.
The same applies to our recruitment decisions. We are not looking for finance or investing experience. We are looking for exceptional people with a combination of intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills, outstanding judgement, and a track record of excellence whatever their chosen field.
We are expanding our London based equity investment team covering the Japanese market. As an investment analyst at Orbis, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your stock picking skills in a passionate and inclusive work environment. Career development opportunities will be tailored to your individual talent and circumstances.
• Conduct in-depth bottom up fundamental research to evaluate investment ideas.
• Articulate your views in reports and investment team meetings.
• Maintain a notional paper portfolio of your best investment ideas. This will objectively measure your stock picking skill and serve as a valuable development tool.
• Monitor and analyse existing portfolio positions.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree from a world class university.
• Outstanding personal ethics and judgement.
• Intellectual curiosity and the ability to think differently from the crowd.
• Strong self-motivation and ability to thrive in an unstructured environment.
• Analytical thinker.
• Japanese language fluency is a plus.
Please apply for this position by submitting your CV through this website.