Digital Content Writer
We are looking for a talented Digital Content Writer to join our editorial team at Grimsby Live. This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of Reach Plc's most successful centres for audience and engagement. With our daily print platform, the Grimsby Telegraph, we have a long history of serving the local community and through Grimsby Live are now rapidly growing our web and social audiences.
It is an ideal role for an enthusiastic journalist at the start of their career with a flair for producing engaging online content or someone who can demonstrate a catalogue of eye-catching digital work who wants to get involved in the busy and exciting environment of a live newsroom.
Though the focus of the role will be on writing features and other digital content, sound knowledge and experience of working with and understanding analytics on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is strongly desirable.
Based in the heart Grimsby, we have a busy news patch and great engagement with our community across North East Lincolnshire, including the popular seaside resort of Cleethorpes (the most loved location tagged by Instagram users outside London!) and beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds.
- Work alongside editorial staff in further building on our digital platforms to source, create and publish imaginative and engaging content across a broad range of fields from news to entertainment.
- Write directly to the web as required to a high standard taking a 'right first-time' approach to all content and have a pedantic attitude to accuracy.
- Have an eye for what makes compelling content that will appeal to a wide audience.
- Play an important part in our social media strategy, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in developing our audience and interacting with readers.
- Assist in building communities and brand visibility.
- Generate and publish SEO-focused content to drive search traffic.
- Using trends to influence content-generation decisions.
- Source or shoot relevant video content and still images for publication on web and social sites.
- Take a leading role in creating exclusive content and developing relationships in the community.
- Use digital storytelling tools including live blogs, interactive features, galleries and videos to create the richest possible online experience for readers.
- Source and trigger online reaction to breaking news to ensure maximum user-generated content input into stories.
- Submit ideas for new digital content.
- Source third-party content, including blogs, video, audio and pictures
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will need to be an enthusiastic and talented writer, be pedantic about accuracy, have excellent communication and organisational skills, and be adept at working to tight deadlines under acute pressure. You will also need to be flexible as the role will include some weekend and evening shifts.
Candidates with qualifications in journalism including a knowledge of media law, news writing and video production will be looked on favourably.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.