If you are an Engineering Manager with a commitment to continuous improvement, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact with a well-established business.
Born from humble beginnings in 1817, Ernest Jackson provides a wide range of healthcare products to keep families at their best. We are part of a leading group that includes some of the world’s best-known confectionery, food, and beverage brands.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Manager to join our team in Crediton which is easily commutable from Exeter, North Devon and Plymouth.
- Salary of £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
- Car or car allowance
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Performance incentive schemes
- 35 days’ holiday allowance (incl. Bank Holidays; option to purchase additional annual holiday)
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Relocation assistance for temporary accommodation
- Flexible benefits programme
- Free ’Fit for Life’ medical assessments
- Paid community volunteering days
- Participation in frequent social events
Fostering a high-performing and collaborative culture, we offer ongoing support and development opportunities to enable you to progress your career and increase your knowledge.
In this important role, you will have the chance to help influence and shape the future of the Engineering function and share your expertise with a hard-working team.
As the Engineering Manager, you’ll define, communicate and implement an integrated engineering agenda for the business.
You will ensure that the Engineering function delivers sustainable compliance, as well as continuous improvement in process capability, equipment reliability and efficiency.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead, coach and manage the Engineering Team that maintains and develops plant, equipment and facilities
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure that capital investments are defined, resourced and implemented to time and budget
- Lead engineering projects or improvement initiatives
- Review and refine the existing maintenance strategy
- Act as the site’s engineering expert, providing advice and guidance to colleagues
To be considered as an Engineering Manager, you’ll need:
- Technical experience gained within a manufacturing environment
- A track record of developing and delivering robust CI plans and sustainable improvements
- Experience of using CI tools, Six Sigma, TPM and Lean manufacturing principles
- Strong people management skills, including the ability to coach and develop others
- Good project management skills, including the ability to deliver change through others
- Solid financial awareness and the ability to manage tight budgets and deadlines
- A degree (or equivalent) in engineering
Other companies may call this role Engineering Manager, Engineering Operations Manager, Manufacturing Engineering Manager or Engineering Department Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 17th August, 2018 at 5pm.
Webrecruit and Ernest Jacksonare equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re an organised and analytical Engineering Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.