Digital Fundraising Officer
Digital Fundraising Officer
Are you a driven digital marketer with a soft spot for furry friends and all manner of animals? Could you help an incredible charity fund activities for the future by playing a key role in fundraising right now? If so, read on.
Blue Cross are one the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
We’re working to rehome 20,000 pets by 2020 and so we are looking for a Digital Fundraising Officer to drive our online activity and grow our fundraising programme through digital channels.
- Salary of £25,800 - £30,000 per annum + £3,954 LWA (London Weighting Allowance)
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life Insurance following probationary period
- The chance to do some real good for pets across the UK
Ours is an amazing organisation; we’ve been around for over 100 years and have been campaigning, progressing, growing and advancing animal welfare the entire time. Now, after 120 years in operation, Her Majesty the Queen is our Patron and we have shops, rehoming centres and veterinary practices right across the UK.
This role comes complete with a real feel-good factor. You can rest assured that the effort you put in will support animals and enable our work for years to come. The charity sector is an amazing place to develop your career and grow professionally and we will support you in your growth in any way that we can.
As a Digital Fundraising Officer, you will be tasked with enabling Blue Cross to meet fundraising targets through a range of digital activity.
In this key role, you’ll work on developing our national and community events, fundraising appeals and donor retention and acquisition strategies.
Striving to increase our supporter participation and donor acquisition, you will:
- Develop and deliver our email strategy with a view to convert donors at every touch point
- Create new social media fundraising ideas
- Ensure that all relevant web content is optimised
- Develop paid digital advertising campaigns
- Collate campaign statistics to help us inform our future initiatives
To join us as a Digital Fundraising Officer, you’ll need:
- Experience of developing successful fundraising events and campaigns on all digital channels, including website, email and social media
- Experience of managing email marketing strategies and schedules and developing effective email programs for both donor retention and acquisition
- Experience of working with content management systems
- Knowledge of monitoring, analysing and reporting on the success of content campaigns and websites
- An in-depth understanding of Google products, such as AdWords, Search Console, Tag Manager and Analytics
- A thorough understanding of digital advertising platforms, especially Facebook
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent experience)
Other organisations may call this role Digital Fundraising Officer, Digital Marketing Officer, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Campaign Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, or Online Marketing Executive.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you could thrive as a Digital Fundraising Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday (some flexibility required)