Import or Export Operative
I am recruiting for some Import or Export Operatives/Coordinators for an award winning client based by Birmingham Airport who has experience within the Sea or Air Freight Forwarding industry, this role is paying up to £27000 dependant on experience.
You will be responsible for the full process, from start to finish of the logistics of import or exporting goods. This will include the booking/planning of transport, quoting and invoicing to clients, the completion of all documentation and customs clearance and solving problems as they arise, at all times building relationships and keeping your suppliers and the clients updated.
My client is a leading British logistics freight forwarder headquartered in Birmingham. They operate mainly ocean and air freight services.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Arrange haulage with shipping lines/hauliers.
- Negotiate and agree charges for all types of shipments, which may include containers (FCL/LCL & out of gauge), refrigerated units, ISO tanks and hazardous cargo.
- Preparing bookings ready for shipment including generating import documents
- Liaising with suppliers, including shipping lines, airlines and transport operators
- Track shipments and update & support clients in the shipment process
- Deal with customer service enquiries and queries
- Ensure any operational issues are documented and made aware to the operations manager
- Closing the job, updating costings and producing invoices
- Assess invoice queries and check purchase invoices are correct on receipt
- A minimum of 1 years export or import experience in either sea or air freight forwarding
- Experience of booking and planning of transport
- Experience of shipments from and to worldwide destinations.
- Knowledge of customs clearance checks/documentation
- Experience in quoting to and invoicing of clients
- Experience in the creating of, checking of and processing of all relevant importation documentation.
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers.
- The capacity to work in a high pressure environment
- The ability to instruct a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers.
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
- A positive attitude and good problem solving skills and to apply lessons learned.
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE EXPORT FREIGHT FORWARDING EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- £20,000-£27,000 dependant on experience
- Mon-Fri 8-5 (one shift per month working until 6pm and potential of up to 3 Saturday's (9-12) PER YEAR)
- 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
- On-site canteen with free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Annual activity fun day
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please call Melissa Patrick or Adam Price if you have 2+ years of freight forwarding experience and are interested in the role on 0121 6333 888