Administrator / Pensions Administrator
Job Title: Pensions Administrator
Salary: £17,772 per annum
Position: Full Time, Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for several case workers to join a busy Pensions Administration team. This is a varied role which will include processing early leaver benefits and estimates for members of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
The Organisation is looking for individuals who will enjoy working in a busy, target driven environment and who can work effectively on their own initiative as well as being an effective team player. Processing member benefits will include using a variety of databases, Microsoft packages and payroll systems so you should be confident in the use of IT. You will also be required to carry out detailed mathematical calculations accurately.
Full training in Pensions Administration and relevant systems will be provided so whilst previous experience is advantageous it is not necessary.
The Organisation provides an environment of continuous personal and professional development and we will support the right candidate in reaching their full potential.
Purpose of the Role:
To assist in the provision of a pensions administration service in respect of the pension schemes administered by the Organisation.
- To process and check a range of entry level pensions case work, including but not restricted to refunds and leavers, ensuring service level targets and deadlines are met in respect of these areas
- To undertake a range of pensioner payroll changes, ensuring that changes are timely and accurate, and that pensioner payroll deadlines are met
- To respond to member correspondence relating to the work undertaken within the level 1 Casework Team, again ensuring that service level targets and deadlines are met in these areas
- To support service provision as appropriate undertaking other duties commensurate with the post
- Liaise with customers, and third parties obtaining information in respect of the work undertaken on the Level 1 Casework Team
- Treat information security with the upmost respect, dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential information within Service protocol/guidelines
- Recent experience in a busy financial and/or transactional office environment
- Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative as well as being an effective team player, promoting positive behaviour and attitudes, working flexibly, whilst at all times developing and maintaining good working relationship within the team and the service as a whole
- Proven ability to undertake detailed mathematical calculations accurately
- Demonstrable ability to work accurately and to deadlines
- Ability to use systems and processes relevant to pension payroll and pension administration
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels possessing excellent communication skills
- Commitment to providing a good customer service at all times
- Maintain an understanding and actively support LPP's equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, including maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda and embedding good practice
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Organisation is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximize our ability to provide quality services to all their customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of; Administrator, Pensions Caseworker, Pensions Administrator, Pension Data Administrator, Pension Data Processor, Client Services Administrator, Customer Service Administrator, Financial Services Administrator, Financial Services Support, Financial Services Caseworker, may also be considered for this position.
Apply for Administrator / Pensions Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly