Customer Access Advisor / Customer Service / Pensions Advisor
Job Title: Customer Access Advisor
Position: Full Time, Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Customer Access Advisor to join this Organisation' busy Pensions Contact Centre team.
Reporting to the Pensions Customer Access Team Leader this is a customer focussed role which will involve interaction with members of the Public-Sector Pension schemes administered by "Your Pension Service". The role is varied and will include, providing the highest standard of customer service utilising self-service, telephony, email and face to face contact. The role is predominantly focussed on answering Pensions Queries via telephone helpdesk and email facility.
You will, ideally, have at least one year's recent telephone experience within a busy contact Centre environment with the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters appropriately and work effectively as part of a team. As this role will require some face to face interactions with our customers it is essential that candidates are fluent in speaking English and have a minimum Grade C GCSE or equivalent qualification.
Full training in Pensions will be provided so whilst previous experience advantageous it is not necessary.
- Sensitively and efficiently assist customers by resolving pension telephone and email queries and making appropriate referrals as necessary
- Delivering a flexible and responsive service in line with the needs of the business
- Be fully proficient in the use of telephony and ICT systems typically used in a customer service/call centre environment
- Be polite and professional always in possibly stressful and challenging situations
- Take ownership of individual enquiries and customer requests
- Be fully proficient in all aspects of customer service delivery, recognising the diversity of clients
- Treat information security with the upmost respect, dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential information within Service protocol/guidelines
- Meet agreed quality and performance targets
- Able to work without close supervision
- Undertake other duties of as required, in line with the level of responsibility of the post
- Assist in the induction, training, mentoring and professional development of colleagues as appropriate and support team members in ensuring that objectives and targets are met
- Maintain an understanding and actively support LPP's equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, including maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda and embedding good practice
The ideal Candidate will have/be:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
- Recent (in the last 3 years) experience within a busy customer service environment
- Recent (in the last 3 years) experience in a telephone-based call centre / contact centre environment
- Experience of working to and achieving challenging targets
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written (grammar) communication skills
- Excellent keyboard, mouse and telephony skills
- Good interpersonal skills and empathetic listening skills
- Ability to respond positively to stressful, challenging and sometimes difficult situations
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters appropriately
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative, analyse situations and identify the service needs of customers
- Competent in using multiple ICT systems i. e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to effectively train, coach, mentor and develop other customer service officers
You must be prepared to work flexibly to provide cover for call centre hours of 08:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
You will be required to undertake intensive training during an extensive induction programme. No previous pension knowledge is required
You may be required to work from other locations and undertake, wherever required, other responsibilities where this is commensurate with the post
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The organisation provides an environment of continuous personal and professional development and we will support the right candidate in reaching their full potential.
They are also keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all their customers. Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of: Pensions Helpdesk Consultant, Pensions Consultant, Helpdesk Consultant, Customer Support Consultant, Pensions Advisor, Technical Helpdesk Support, Financial Services Helpdesk Support, Financial Services Consultant may also be considered for this role.