Community Advise Officer
Community Advice Officer
Salary £ 9351.13
Hours per week: 21
Sight Support Hull and East Yorkshire is a well-established charity based in Hull supporting people with visual impairment. We believe no-one in Hull & East Yorkshire should have to face sight loss alone and every visually impaired person can enjoy the same opportunities and quality of life as those who are fully sighted.
Our Community Advice Service offers visits to people in the comfort of their own homes to offer support and advice whether the individual is newly diagnosed or an existing service user who requires assistance.
An opportunity has arisen for a Community Advice Officer to join the Team.
- Visit service users in their homes to assess support needs, demonstrate
equipment and refer on to other services.
- Provide advice on benefits and services available for visually impaired people and, if necessary, help with completion of benefit forms.
It is essential that you:-
- Have experience of working in information provision
- Have an excellent knowledge of the benefits system
- Are a confident IT user, including databases.
- Are able to use initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Have excellent organisational and administration skills
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication Skills
- Have a full driving licence with use of a vehicle
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position please contact Gill Wright on 01482 342297 or by sending an email for more information or an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned marked Private and Confidential to Gill Wright, Sight Support Hull & East Yorkshire, 466 Beverley Road, Hull HU5 1NF or by email no later than 5.00pm Friday 24th August 2018
Interviews will take place w/c 3rd September 2018. If you haven’t heard by this date, then please accept that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please note, applications received which are not on the official application form will not be considered.