We have a newly created opportunity for a suitably qualified Procurement Manager, preferably from a product manufacturing background, to join the growing team of our privately owned, client. As a Procurement Manager from a supply chain background you will need strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate with suppliers to gain the best price.
The Procurement Manager / Supply Chain Manager is responsible for ensuring that the business has a very clear strategy when purchasing goods and services. You will be responsible for policy decisions that take into account budgets and stock requirements. The role will include all aspects of forecasting future business activity so the Procurement Manager will require a thorough commercial understanding, and the ability to plan and forecast demand. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for a team of two support staff therefore strong management skills are necessary.
Key Procurement Manager Responsibilities:
· Liaison with key company employees to determine product and service needs
· Monitor business trends and product availability and obtain the best price for goods and services, without sacrificing quality or delivery times
· Develop strong relationships with suppliers to negotiate best price and terms of business
· Identify and research potential new suppliers, complete relevant audit
· Research new products and services to meet the company’s goals
· Assess and monitor total costs of company purchases
· Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
· Design and implement robust supply chain strategies
· Maintain REACH and COSHH data sheets, ensuring compliancy
· Manage the stores team
Personal Specification Supply Chain Manager:
· A formal purchasing / supply management qualification
· Commercially aware
· Capable of working under pressure
· Excellent IT skills
· Good team player
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good supervisory and leadership skills
· Sound understanding of engineering, scientific and technical information
· Capable of writing procedures
If you are currently a Purchasing Manager, Buyer, Purchasing Assistant, Procurement Officer, Assistant Procurement Manager, Assistant Procurement Officer then this may well be the job for you.
Living around Lincoln, Sleaford, Spalding, Boston, Horncastle or Louth you will be in commutable distance for this role.