Brook Street are delighted to be working on behalf of this leading national charity who are currently expanding and now looking for several Care coordinators to work from their coordination centre in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Full Time
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Immediate Start
Working within a small friendly team you'll be responsible for supporting the co-ordination and booking of the care for Nursing Services, Hospice and Helper services, delivering care packages, ensuring that the required timescales are met.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Inputting new patient details to the system ensuring that all key information is accurate and available to the nurses.
- Daily booking of care on the relevant system
- Communication with patients and families with regard to the provision of care, issues and concerns.
- Creation and maintenance of the monthly rota of nurses and inputting onto system.
- On-going communication with HCAs, hospice staff and volunteers to receive patient updates, issues and concerns for escalation to the Senior Nurse.
This role requires a high level of diplomacy and communication skills along with the ability to work accurately and under pressure, so if you have previous telephone and customer service experience (preferably from a medical background) along with an empathetic nature then we'd love to hear from you !
Working on an in house system of which training will be provided during your first week of induction, however previous experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Email is essential.
If you're still reading and would love to apply, please send your CV / 0191 232 5661.