Junior Project Manager
NFER is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Junior Project Manager to join the team based in Slough. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,988-£29,249 per annum; the level of appointment and associated salary will depend upon qualifications and experience.
Founded in 1946, NFER is a highly respected and successful charity that carries out research within the education system, from early years to further education and employment. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used by government agencies and department, third sector organisations, private and public companies and education sector associations. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
About the Junior Project Manager role:
Our team is expanding and we are looking for four Junior Project Managers to join our busy Research and Product Operations team. Our Junior Project Manager will need to be a logical thinker, hard-working and organised with a desire to manage the operational aspects of a wide range of research and assessment projects. You’ll learn a lot from the role, work on a wide variety of projects, learn how to use Prince 2 project management principles and be an important part of NFER’s mission to improve outcomes in education.
Working on a range of test trials, data collections, surveys or products our Junior Project Manager will be involved in:
- Organising surveys and data collections as part of research projects, including randomised control trials
- Working out strategies to engage and retain schools to take part in our activities, making it easy for them to take part
- Coordinating large scale complex test trials
- Developing and administering online surveys
- Recruiting and managing markers and coordinating marking events and exercises
- Administering international studies
- Supporting bids and proposals
- You’ll have a degree with some numerical content, a logical mind and the ability to learn new technology and complex processes.
- You will be able to assimilate information, translate complex requirements into administrative practicalities and forward plan resources and activities.
- Every project is different so we need a flexible team player who is committed to providing the best possible service to our customers.
- Experience from working in education, testing or qualifications development would be an advantage.
A registered charity with an income of £18 million and 210 staff. We undertake around 200 research projects every year, spanning all sectors of education and children’s services.
We offer a pleasant office environment within beautiful green surroundings, close to Windsor and Slough town centres; connections by road, rail and air are excellent – we are within easy reach of the M4 and M40, London Paddington is 15 minutes by rail and with free parking. We believe in a work life balance; with 30 days paid leave per year, over and above Bank holidays plus additional discretionary days, good support for staff development and generous pension arrangements.
How to Apply
Join us as a Junior Project Manager and click ‘Apply’ below.
Completed applications should be submitted by 9am 31st August 2018.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.
The NFER is an equal opportunity employer and a Registered Charity (No. 313392).